WTB HELP!!! I broke my soon to be ex-friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugan

Joe Streamer
anti team's suggestion is excellent! It's a modern fiberglass rod that is listed as a 3wt, but Kabuto rods are fast for glass, so could also take a 4wt line. Because it's a fast glass rod, it will feel close in action to the slower graphite of an SPL (or LL). Sagebass (Colt) is a good guy too; I know him from the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum and many have used his rods. He does good work. And $350 is a good price considering a Kabuto from the Japanese maker himself is around $600.

David Loy

Senior Moment
I don't know the Kabuto but I have two glass rods built by Colt. No hesitation there. Could very well be a rod equally coveted by your friend. I know Kabuto's are highly regarded in glass circles.

Ya, just talk to him. Tell you you'll buy him whatever he wants for a replacement. (Within reason of course). You may be pleasantly surprised... Maybe the thought of getting to pick out a cool rod that he'd never buy for himself would be something he'd very much enjoy.

Ed Call

Ya, just talk to him. Tell you you'll buy him whatever he wants for a replacement. (Within reason of course). You may be pleasantly surprised... Maybe the thought of getting to pick out a cool rod that he'd never buy for himself would be something he'd very much enjoy.
Be straight. Friendships won't end over a piece of gear. If so, you were not really friends anyway.

Closing loop. I went to freewebs.com/flysupplies and finally got a quote for a new rod so I could offer the replacement.

I called my buddy and told him the bad news offering the replacement.

"Shit happens, that is why I bought a Sage."

He even wanted to pay the $50 to upgrade I told him way.

Crisis averted.

Please close thread.

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Closing loop. I went to freewebs.com/flysupplies and finally got a quote for a new rod so I could offer the replacement.

I called my buddy and told him the bad news offering the replacement.

"Shit happens, that is why I bought a Sage."

He even wanted to pay the $50 to upgrade I told him way.

Crisis averted.

Please close thread.
Its amazing the power of a little KY

Status
Not open for further replies.