Fished today.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I went out today for a small while. Went up to the Beaverhead at the Henneberry access. Rigged up my 5wt TFO Professional series rod with floating line and a 9' leader. I tied up two nymphs, both weighted. I found out that I can still boom those flies out there. I had a little bump and nothing to show for it. Nothing going for me there so I jumped in my truck and drove down to Pipe Organ access. There I caught one brown about 14" long. Two very solid hits. I took a couple of pictures of this hole.

Attachments

Old Man

Just an Old Man
About 5 feet from the bridge pier in the sun light. There was a small school of fish swimming. I believe that they are Whitefish as Brown trout are yellow. The fish in Question had dark backs and white bellies. And about all in the 16" class. I dropped my nymphs in the middle of them. They didn't even scatter when the flies hit the water. I didn't even get any looks.

The water is crystal clear where I fish at. The weather was in the mid 50's and no wind to speak of.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Hey Old Man,

Glad you got out on a beautiful day.

You gotta log this into your memory because soon you will just be sitting by the fire with snow blowing outside.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Good going, Jim. I cancelled on my planned fishing today. A friend and I were going to paddle upstream in search of Coho, but my left shoulder went numb and tingly on me first thing after I got up this morning. I realized that I should lay off using my left arm until I figure out what is ailing my left shoulder. I think I can still wade and cast, since my good arm is my casting arm. But I'm going to avoid paddling (surfing or yak fishing, etc) for the time being.
I've got a couple of walk-in spots in mind now, as well as a Hood Canal beach.