Swap Mini Marathon Trout swap (2014)

riseform

OK, I won't shut it down no matter what happens.
I'll close the swap on the 10th of January and we'll figure out how many flies per person at that time.
MVP still wins a fly box.

like the idea, but going to be too busy in about a month or so...
Sorry we didn't get you on this one. I caught a nice fish on your crane fly pattern last October!

Teenage Entomologist

Gotta love the pteronarcys.
I don't know... I've always wanted to do a fly swap, but have always been reluctant to do it. That fly box is a nice incentive though. I know how a fly swap works, but not exact. So you tie lets say 12 flies, send them, then I get 12 different flies back. Sounds good, I think I'm in. I want to do this because in about 2 weeks, I'll be turning 15, and I want to tie flies without having a job, stress, and no free time. I like my summer breaks. I also will be selling flies to a local store, and I want people to know that my flies catch fish.

Well, "Teenage Entomologist", what's your first name. I hope it is a little shorter. You live in an area that has some wonderful fly fishing. I fished Burney Falls a year ago and it was beautiful.
These swaps are a wonderful way to get acquainted and see what others are doing. Maybe one of us can connect with you when we are down your way, do a little fishing on the Sac and trade
a few flies or lies. After all we are fishermen first.

Best of luck.
Jerry "Bonsai"

TD

If this swap happens, I'd like to join in. It could be fun to have a swap going every month for a few months. Count me in.

riseform

Welcome TE and TD

Kaden, I think you'll find swaps are a lot of fun. Here are the basic guidelines, it's pretty simple: http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-a-fly-swap-works.19715/

That makes SEVEN....now we're getting somewhere

I was planning on closing this on January 10th. As it currently stands, if we stick with two flies per person, you'd be tying and receiving a dozen flies (no need to tie flies for yourself simply to have them sent back). If you think that is too many, we'll hold out for potentially more people. If you'd all prefer the two fly per person plan, we should probably close it here. Let me know.

I've tied more flies in my life than I can ever fish. While I promise to fish the patterns we generate, please do not feel obligated to send extra for me as the "swapmeister".

Teenage Entomologist

Gotta love the pteronarcys.
Sweet, I'm up for the 2 fly idea. This will be a lot of fun. Do these flies have to be our own patterns, or can we tie some local patterns that were invented by someone else?

riseform

Sweet, I'm up for the 2 fly idea. This will be a lot of fun. Do these flies have to be our own patterns, or can we tie some local patterns that were invented by someone else?
Your choice. No obligation to provide an original pattern.

2 flies same pattern or 1 fly of 2 different patterns?
Also your choice. I may tie two just to give more variety. I'm sure no one will complain with two of the same. It's nice to have a second if you lose the first to a snag.

And just to keep this discussion fresh:
I was planning on closing this on January 10th. As it currently stands, if we stick with two flies per person, you'd be tying and receiving a dozen flies (no need to tie flies for yourself simply to have them sent back). If you think that is too many, we'll hold out for potentially more people. If you'd all prefer the two fly per person plan, we should probably close it here. Let me know.