New made-in USA Orvis CFO reel and glass rods

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
I will have at least the 4wt Superfine Glass on the boat for client use this year - Glass is not dead!

Make sure you get that new Orvis Encounter Rod/Reel budget kit out there too. I'm impressed with its performance for its price ($159 for rod/reel/backing/line). I'd love to hear some more feedback from you and your colleagues on it.

Derek Young

Emerging Rivers Guide Services
Dan, I think the Encounter kit is going to be great for new anglers, and when I've used it after the last time we fished, a solid rod and reel at a great price. A rod on the boat to match most everyone's style, budget, and casting ability.

Red Arch

It seems this has turned from the CFO thread to the Orvis thread, I have an Encounter IV on my bought used 8# Power Matrix. Both my steelies have been landed on Orvis products, however the first was a Battenkill Mid-Arbor IV reel and the second one was that reel and my Power Matrix.
Have yet to land one on my actual reel (the Battenkill is my dads) however it is a great reel for the price!

Oddly (well, not so oddly when you understand the manufacturing/ projection process), new products like these go to dealers (they were pre-ordered months ago), then to online/mail-order, then lastly to company stores. We will have them soon. The only thing I can offer now is free shipping from the store.

Leland.

Leland,
Do you guys have any Superfine Glass rods yet? I'm flying back to east coast for several weeks and wanted to grab a new 3-wt before I left...I really want to try out the glass one.

Thanks,
Jeff

miyawaki

Leland,
Do you guys have any Superfine Glass rods yet? I'm flying back to east coast for several weeks and wanted to grab a new 3-wt before I left...I really want to try out the glass one.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, a 3wt in transit. We should have it next week sometime. When do you leave?

Leland.