1st 2014 trout

I went out on the first. Got skunked. But I found some jewelry boxes in the rocks. I couldn't locate the owners, so alerted the local sheriff's office. They went to check it out and discovered three houses had been broken into. Everything gone, houses destroyed. The people who's property I found even had their truck stolen, water pipes broke, vandalized beyond belief. They contacted us to thank us yesterday. They're having to cut their Arizona vacation short to come back and deal with the destruction.
On a happier note, I went out yesterday, barely dodged a nasty sleet storm, out lasted the sixty mph winds, and found myself fishing on glass for willing cutthroat. In an hour I landed three between 16-18 inches, and lost two more larger fish right at the net.

I fished the Crooked River here in Oregon New Years day. My first fish of the year was a small rainbow ( 12in.). Caught about 15 rainbows and whitefish in a little under 3 hours. Largest was about 15 inches. Fished a Tung Teaser and a Frenchie.

Hem

P1020900.JPG
20140101_143140.jpg
I fished the first of the year on the Missouri and caught 8 fish.A couple of pics ,one of a nice Brown, and the other a typical rainbow.Note puffy jacket,...standard winter apparel in winter months.:D

Attachments

Caught my first trout of the New Year around noon on the 4th. Fishing Pass Lake out of Ira's boat. Hey, I may have caught my first of 2014 before Ira!