So this swinging thing.

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
Stop fishing because I'm catching too many fish?

To quote the great philosopher..."Bitch please!"

I fish for me and to a MUCH lesser extent to put bonkers in the fridge for the kids. I don't scout rivers, obsess over gear, pick the ear of everyone who will let me, and spend 12 hours driving and fishing to pull out early. Don't get me wrong, I'm as likely to say to another angler "get down here, you idiot, and catch one of these." But quit for the day?

Laughable.

I don't usually quit, I just start doing bullshit that people can't say can be done. You ever been one of those folks who have done something like that? If not, take a day after a fish or two and try. Sometimes you can end up being pleasantly surprised, but most of the time you get skunked....

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
I sometimes have my students engage in a brainstorming excersice where they make a list of at least 100 things related to a topic. Last time we did it I asked them to choose their top 10 ideas and average where on their list they fell. When we took a whole class average of the top ideas, it turns out that it was the 56th idea that ended up being best. You never know which fish will end up being that great memory. I can tell you that although I've only experienced a handful and a half of the more than 7 fish hooked steelhead days, that I have several great memories of specific fish past 7.

The argument you have made is completely different, but yes I will admit, catching more will typically give you a longer term advantage of that fish of a lifetime.

It really is up to you on how to use the resource, and I didn't fault you for it. But in this day and age of lots of people in Washington, something is going to give. More than likely, it'll be the fish.

I just read all of these posts and had to go back to the first one to see what this was originally about. I think the forum is having technical issues and randomly posting things in the wrong area. :)

Nice fish Irafly!

Confession: I'm as big of a steelhead virgin as Danielocean. It's true! I just get on the steelhead forum sometimes because it's fun to watch how easy steelheaders can get all butt-hurt.
Double confession: I'm a non steelheading, trashfishing(note avatar), slimy troll:(

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Confession: I'm as big of a steelhead virgin as Danielocean. It's true! I just get on the steelhead forum sometimes because it's fun to watch how easy steelheaders can get all butt-hurt.
Double confession: I'm a non steelheading, trashfishing(note avatar), slimy troll:(
Steelhead forum gets me thru the work day so much faster

PT

Physhicist
Triploid, if you listen to the steelheaders they'll tell you that after your first steelhead you'll lose your job, wife, life savings, sanity, etc. I'd have done all of those anyway so figured why not be miserable at both life and steelheading.

Truth is, carp were laughing at me so hard I went back to an easier foe.