NFR Bottling our first brew

Alpine-now I know a 64OZ growler would go flat before I drank it all (on the river or lake!):) I'm usually a 3 beer per day guy. Much more and my casting looks even worse than normal! I'm also not sure how big a cooler I would need to fit a 64oz growler and for sure there is not enough room on my pontoon boat! Rick

I'm sure you could find someone to help.;)

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Now that's an interesting setup, Evan! I'll have to discuss this with my daughter when she comes up later this month-she's the brewmistress for our Clan. You guys should have seen her drive up to the Highland Games in Woodland CA one year with over 60 gallons of beer in the trunk of here Jetta, complete with the jockey box! It's a wonder she could even steer the car! How hard is it to brew a Belgian White, I wonder?

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Oh yeah, one other thing... You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for participating in the basketball game festivities the other day. What was it, 43 to 8, or something like that? Poor little Shetland Ponies...:D

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
I brewed / bottled back in the 70' and the cheapest beer for the empties for the Reinlander, $5.85 a case. I used the Grolsch for my share.

That smile on Rick's face is because he and Islander are retired and thankful that Roper & I are still working and helping to pay for that retirement.....

I have done a few Belgian's, they aren't as hard as you would think. I want to try a Shandy this summer, but right now I am a little low on the double IPA stockpiles.

I have done a few Belgian's, they aren't as hard as you would think. I want to try a Shandy this summer, but right now I am a little low on the double IPA stockpiles.
Most belgian styles are quite easy to do because there's a lot of leeway in the yeast character. Belgian whites are a whole other animal, though.

The only problem I have had on a Belgian white was my airlock clogged up, pressure built up and shot my airlock to the ceiling. My wife was not as impressed by that as I was since I ferment in her laundry room. There was beer EVERYWHERE. I did a pumpkin ale last fall, it gave me the most problems. It had so much fermentables in it it tasted like pumpkie pie whiskey and gave you a headache from all the fussil alcohol.

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I don't miss bottling at all. Built a tap system and haven't looked back since. But you're paying your dues :) I think I filled a few thousand bottles before I threw in the towel.
Do you have a kegerator setup? I miss mine from school. Live so close to the redhook brewery now it would be so convienent.