NFR Olympics???

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
What's with all the white dudes from the Caribbean competing? Call me a cynic but the winter olympics seems like a magnet for rich douchebags. From Putin, to the IOC, and a spectrum of the athletes. A t least the summer Olympics you got a shot if you have a place to run or a place to swim...

I'll give respect to the young kids out there who have busted their nuts to compete, but this?

http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/e...or-dominica-as-nations-first-winter-olympians

Also nauseating is the proctor and gamble ad thanking moms that shows the young teenage girl doing what looks like some serious orthopedic recovery, implying that Moms and parents in general are awesome for pushing their kids beyond major injuries to athletic excellence. Or the McDonalds ad equating biting a chicken mcnugget with biting a gold medal. Cos that's how it works...

Bring on some hockey fights....

Cruik

What's with all the white dudes from the Caribbean competing? Call me a cynic but the winter olympics seems like a magnet for rich douchebags. From Putin, to the IOC, and a spectrum of the athletes. A t least the summer Olympics you got a shot if you have a place to run or a place to swim...

I'll give respect to the young kids out there who have busted their nuts to compete, but this?

http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/e...or-dominica-as-nations-first-winter-olympians

Also nauseating is the proctor and gamble ad thanking moms that shows the young teenage girl doing what looks like some serious orthopedic recovery, implying that Moms and parents in general are awesome for pushing their kids beyond major injuries to athletic excellence. Or the McDonalds ad equating biting a chicken mcnugget with biting a gold medal. Cos that's how it works...

Bring on some hockey fights....

Spot on with everything here. I enjoy the winter olympics, but as far as athletic achievement, I'm a summer olympics fan. Usain Bolt is the faster runner out of 7 billion. What kid hasn't sprinted before? And if they were really good at it, someone would have noticed. But the bobsled olympic champions? The best 4 guys out of the <500 who have the money/opportunity to even try the sport. It feels like in a lot of the winter olympic events, super-parents can give their children a comparatively good chance to be something special.

Anyone notice where some of these athletes are from? It's pathetic.

I couldn't believe that there were kids from NJ, Utah, Cal, etc.... all competing for another country - what a joke! A few of them had never even been to the country they were competing for, until 2 or 3 weeks before the games.

What percentage of the NHL is competing for their "homeland"?

Dude, if you're making millions for playing in an American league (NHL), then play for the country that pays!