Please educate me...private property/tidelands etc

Wow I feel for you guys. Up here you can't own the beach (thank god). That being said I'm always friendly to land owners. I have even pulled up to the beach on private islands and walked around. They can't stop me. Fishing by foot on beaches up here is the norm; boat beach fishing is rare.

Wow I feel for you guys. Up here you can't own the beach (thank god). That being said I'm always friendly to land owners. I have even pulled up to the beach on private islands and walked around. They can't stop me. Fishing by foot on beaches up here is the norm; boat beach fishing is rare.
Where are you from?

Sorry new on your forum. I'm from Vancouver island. I've been prowling the beaches and estuaries up here for since I was a kid. I have never had an adjacent land owner try claim the beach. Rivers up here, that's a different storey.

it would be nice if all waterfront beach, river or lake remain public for the enjoyment of the public and not so affluent.
Alexander, I agree. It would be nice if some things could not be bought. I feel strongly about this subject. I personally had one of the most regrettable experiences in my angling life on a locale river that I frequent. This river is navigable, so under bc laws if I stay below the high water mark I should be able to go where I want. Well one day I met a uninformed land owner who decided to try and bully me of as he claimed his river. Let's just say it didn't go well.