3/7/1935

Old Man

Just an Old Man
On this day in history is my crowning glory. It was the day I was born. I'm 79 today. If I had known that I was going to live this long I would of taken better care of myself. My legs are shot along with my back. My teeth are plastic and I'm fat, I also wear glasses and my hands shake when I'm trying to tie a fly or two on.

But the good side of this is that I'm only 21 years away from 100. Living 3/4 of a century you would think I've seen a lot. Well I have, I missed out on Korea and was 4F for Viet Nam. To young for WWII and not yet born for WWI.

I can remember when fishing was good in Washington and then when it all went to hell. So to hell with it all. As soon as I get off this computer I'm going up to fish the Beaverhead. If I catch something that is good and if I don't that is good also. That is why it's call fishing and not catching.

You all have a nice day now. Bye, bye.

happy birthday. You are doing very well for 79, I'm 60 and have the same, mines from logging, sawmills and construction. Fishing is my pastime also and hope to be able to do more of it in the future like you

GAT

Dumbfounded
HBD! you ol'
fart!!! :cool:

Glad to know you... even if it is only via screen.

I doubt very much that I'll make it to 79 but if I do, I hope I can continue fishing as you have.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Well I tried my luck on the river. I believe that the fish don't like me this year. I threw a lot of different flies at them but no love. Back to the drawing board.

Oh and thanks guys for all the love.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
I don't care what you say, you're not getting my bud lite! ;) But I'll buy you a whiskey next time we're on the river or you're out here!