A Boost!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by TallFlyGuy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Vancouver, WA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Ok this place needs a little lightening up. What better than Spey rods, big fish, and cute women!

enjoy

[IMG]

Photo credit to Field and Stream
  2. fisshman26 Member

Trail, B.C., Canada.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Nice pic of April!
  3. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +90 / 0
    There is a better one of April with a Thompson doe - its a nice sunny day with snow on the hills in the background the the fish is sweet - I think its a promo somewhere.
  4. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +100 / 0
    This world needs more women like her. The "club slugs" that I have been chasing lately are far removed from the world of fishing.
  5. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    rassled that big fish and didn't even smear her mascara.
    tough chick.
  6. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Funny how the steelhead matches her hat!

Nice pic and thanks but I just had to say that I would say things are about as light that they can get considering we are all chasing nearly endagered fish and every year seems to be worse than the last. If we were all hooking up all the time and the fish were doing great than we wouldn't have the edginess that we do. :cool:
  7. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +604 / 0
    Not to rain on the sunshine parade, but does anyone know how April is doing after her accident?

I've got a "wall of April" pictures at work btw. Don't tell her!
  8. fullerfly Calvin Fuller

Sandpoint, ID
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Sweet fish, caught by a good fisherman. F&G say the average Thompson fish gets caught three times before they spawn.
  9. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    I have never heard of April. Is she a guide up in BC or something?
  10. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +604 / 0
    Guide and contributor to Canadian Fly Fisher magazine.
  11. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    I talked to her about a month or so ago - she is doing well. Her foot may still be in a cast but she was fishing then, you can't stop that girl. She will be on the T when it opens. I agree with Cal she and her crew are real good fishermen - Adrienne from Michael and Young can f-in cast at two hander.
  12. Will Atlas Guest

DeLe, we gonna hit the Thompson this year when it opens up?
  13. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    Will - I hope to get up there this year. We will talk as we get a little closer.
  14. eimaj New Member

Chilliwack
    Good to hear April's doing ok, and you aint kidding about Adrienne. Theres a few local girls out this way that throw a mean line. My wife's been getting help with her cast from Adrienne, told her she can work with my 3 girls too. The oldest is starting out right using 2 hands, already got Meiser making her a rod.

[IMG]
  15. fshnazn Member

Beavercreek OR
    eimaj, that's an awesome pic of your girl. My girls are 3 and 4 and I'm contemplating on getting them started. I was worried that it might be too early, though. But with your pic, I got motivated. How old's your girl in the pic? She can't be more than 4.
    My hope is when my girls grow up, they'll be my fishing buddies and we'll travel the world together.
    Sorry to HiJack the thread (I've shown my girls that photo of April in the past. They love her pink gear).
    Adrian.
  16. the_trout_bum ifish

Ellensburg, WA
    alright i'm fed up. im ditchin the mean red-head ive been seein and im movin to bc...
  17. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +128 / 0
    WOOF!!:thumb:
  18. eimaj New Member

Chilliwack
    fshnazn,

This pic was taken earlier this year just after she turned 3. I statred her last year when she was 2. She can lay out about 25-30ft with good aim placing it within a couple feet of where I tell her. She loves doing it especially when I play the fish. :D