A brief summary of my winter steelheading..

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I don't have any pictures, and couldn't remember the fvckfest for posting pictures here anyhow. I got a steelhead last week and one Sunday while fishing a well known river on a well known peninsula (don't wanna' offend by naming too specific a names). No beads, no plastic, no nymphs, no bobbers or bobbercaters.

Sg

2. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

:thumb:

3. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I came, I saw, I did not uncase my rod... So, no runs, no hits, no errors, and no at-bats.

4. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Rock on Salmo!

Go Sox,
    cds

5. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Member

I got it.. "YOU SUCKS" and you sure selling all your gears too.... also stop cut and paste.....HAHAHAHA

6. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Sounds like you've been on the upper Rogue (or any other part of it for that matter) this past month. This is THE PRIME TIME to be on the water, but this is what we've been up against (if your a fly rodder) for the past month.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=14339000

7. TallFlyGuy

TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

I really found your picture attachment tastless and offensive. Very surprised nobody has said anything about it. I asked the mods (jerry) to remove it, but no go.

8. TomB

TomB Active Member

i found the picture quite amusing...please leave it up

9. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

TFG,

What picture are you talking about? Your post isn't clear in that regard. Leroy's?

Sg

10. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

Geez what'd i do? i can be way more offensive than that and will if I'm gonna catch some shit over it !:rofl: If I'm gonna get my balls busted for posting the "Great bead" shrine , I'll do way better than that and get my moneys worth !!:rofl::rofl:

11. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Leroy, as much as you'd love him to be talking about the magical bead photo, I think he was talking about the original post. Cuz, ya know, no messiah jokes.:beathead:

As for me, I'm very offended by the magical bead photo:clown:

12. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

Ahh Brady yer wreck'n my fun !!! I get no Jokes with the Man Upstairs, trying to contoll it on the web, fugettaboutit... With the crap we're all pull'n down here, if he has no sense of humor we are all in deep doodoo ....
    Glad I bunched yer panties in a wad with the bead shot !!:rofl:

13. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

You know, I tried to do this the adult way. But guess TFG isn't an adult, and think he's above everyone else.

I received a PM from TFG stating he didn't like the picture refering to Jesus and the fisherman(and it's nice that he says he asked the "mods" then just says me, hmmmmmm, I think IBN and Chris wasn't contacted, since I didn't see the CC in the message line, that's what a "Report a post" is for, so we all see it). I did a reply to TFG, including CC's to both the other Mod and Admin on this forum. Since we don't spend 24/7 on the board, I'm assuming they haven't been in to check the message (we do get a few PM's, sure Chris gets TONS since he OWNS the board). As of now, I don't see anything violating board rules, so I'm not pulling it. Out of over 1,000 views to this thread, I've received just ONE (count it 1) message saying that they are offended and to please pull post (that would be from TallFlyGuy). So, as I see it, unless I get a forward of a rule I'm missing stating it's not allowed, I'm leaving it unless Chris wants to pull it. Calling me out like that is probably what got YOU (as in TFG) parked last time. Just because we don't jump to your beck and call at a whim, doesn't mean we aren't reviewing it. I find nothing wrong with it, so if between Ibn and Chris they feel it needs to be pulled, so be it.

Thank you for your time, carry on.

14. TallFlyGuy

TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Jerry, I sent you the message in the AM yesterday. You responded to my message and told me you "would look into it" at 10:14. I posted on here that it was offensive at 7:54 pm. I don't think that is jumping to my beck and call on a whim, but thanks for reviewing it.

15. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Golfman, I also find that picture offensive, How dare you put a picture of and old guy with a spinning rod and reel on this site!!!

16. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

TFG you do realize we have lives, right? We don't hover over the computer waiting for the next message. If it wasn't for my Droid and checking the boards between trips helping a friend move this weekend I wouldn't be on at all this weekend. So sorry if we don't meet your need for "instant gratification". Your little extra jab isn't helping your case any.

17. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

TFG your why religion has a bad name now..

And just so that you don't blow a complete gasket...who says that's J.C.? I thought it was Andy Gibb come down from heaven...just trying to "Staying alive" and pester...who might that be??? Looks like mumbles sneaking out of the back room for another picture op....

18. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

TFG found Golfman's pic in the post that begins this thead offensive? Good grief! That's the same mindset at the whacko Afghans who protested and killed Friday and Sunday because another whacko preacher Terry Jones burned a Koran March 30.

Note to all theists, atheists, and agnostics: this is a free speech society. By definition we tolerate the speech we hate, including pictures and photographs. You don't have to like it or understand it. Just accept it, or please go to hell and leave us freedom lovers be.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

19. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

I agree, save for one thing. Here Freedom of Speech does not include yelling "Fire in a crowded theater." That said, if that's all it takes to 'set them off?????'

Personal opinion here only, but why are we bothering? Save for 'we' have drawn a line in the sand? And I don't mean a Religious line, a mind set line.

Just thoughts from someone who (earlier today) looked up info on US Foreign Aid. Loooots and Loooots of $$$$$$$$$$ every year - we're talking Billions here kids INCLUDING A HALF BILLION TO RUSSIA last year. Of the rest 1/3 goes to Israel and EGYPT!
    fae

20. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

I find that when someonw gets offended by a religious joke here it's best to throw in some politics on top of it. This makes for a more civil discussion.

TIC clearly.

Go Red Sox,
    cds