A brief summary of my winter steelheading..

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +127 / 0

:rofl::rofl::rofl:....well said.

and Fred is just the fellow to take on that responsibility.
  2. golfman65 Guest

Ratings: +5 / 0
    As far as politics are concerned .....

All I know is O Bama's bracket sucked...and so did mine....

As far as this seasons steelhead..yesterday reminded me of why I go out there...beautiful weather on a wicked beautiful river up north in the mountains....only saw a fish rise...soft tug and that was it...but another great day to be out on the flows...

Even broke out the scandi briefly...won't be long before the heavy stuff gets put back on the rack...

That's how I worship...and that's my church...
  3. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,725 / 0
    I find the joke on the opening post funny as hell. Then again I'm a freakin' mormon so what the hell do I know about religious humor?

You want to piss someone off talk baseball.
  4. sashjo Member

Lakewood, WA.
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I have seen Jesus and that photo looks nothing like him. TFG needs to get a life.
  5. Ryan Nathe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    You do realize that our foreign aid budget is less than 1/3 of 1% of the GDP right?

Sources: http://gbk.eads.usaidallnet.gov/about/program_summary.pdf
    http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:USA&dl=en&hl=en&q=gdp
  6. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    wow, a thread on winter steelheading has turned into a religious and political diatribe. I think there is something funny or ironical here, but I cant seem to put my finger on it...

oh, beads vs swing?
  7. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    No need to fry TFG.

"Free of Speech" does't mean you should talk like you are in your living room.

I am not a religious people, but I respect them. I found this post is meaningless. But again, GM's posts are always like this one, like fast food, not much nutrition in it.
  8. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    This begs the question, why are you four pages deep in a meaningless thread?
  9. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    Make it meaningful...

just like the rest of repliers try to do... except yours...
    is this what you want?!
  10. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +720 / 0
    This site was cool when it was about fishing.
  11. golfman65 Guest

Is it just me or has this whole site gone pissy?

You post a picture and poke fun of yourself and you get this?

I know this has been a tough year weather wise, stewy quit the steel game for the beach now that his apprentice Jimmy boy has taken over for him...Old friends have been cast off in an ego frenzy politics, religion and the never ever ending bead bullshit are a constant now???

WTF boys....I think we really need a good spring to end this b.s.
  12. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    I still cant believe this...

he will be back. he is too hard core not to...
  13. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,565 / 0
    Eric,

It's totally appropriate that a steelhead thread turns religious and political. Many steelheaders pursue the sport with religious fervor, and the topic of steelhead conservation and harvest couldn't be more political. A perfect fit I think.

Sg
  14. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Yes, apropos I suppose....
  15. golfman65 Guest

eric be ripping off me who ripped off beachboy stew for those reel pics in the avatar...

guess we gotta do something between casts huh? LOL
  16. stewart dee Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    A mystical figure arrived today with a stripping basket and some new beach line. He said "You will find peace among the salty sea creatures". Not sure if he was talking about fish and chips? Then like a wisp of wind the magical dude floated away to the sky. Man talk about religious beliefs. By the way this was a true story and no beads were harmed.
  17. Rick Sharp Member

West Richland, WA 99353
    Ratings: +16 / 0
  18. James Waggoner Active Member

wa
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Tall Fly Guy - I too found it offensive...but as I have the right to be offended so do others to be entertained...So just ignore it and if you can't, perhaps you'll have to ask yourself "Why do I even come here?"

Takes guts to stand up for what you think is right....doesn't take a lot of character to knock someone for doing so.

Anyway...I've landed a big goose egg this past winter. Hooked 4 lost 4...one right at my feet!

So I feel your pain Golfman.
  19. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    I too admire a man who stands up for his beliefs, but it is another thing when in doing so, he tries to infringe on the rights of others!
  20. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    TFG, just out of curiosity, what do you find offensive? In other words, how could you be offended? That's a little concerning :hmmm: