Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A day with my girl

NFR 
1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TD 
#1 · (Edited)
Woke up early to head out and toss for SRCs but decided instead to get our old girl out for some fun. Jumar is a 12 YO Chocolate Lab. Her early years till 9 were spent running 4 days a week on the trails of Point Defiance, as she aged two knee surgeries (TPLO) took a bit out of her. We both became more sedentary and got a bit weaker. These days I am trying to get back myself and give her some activity as well. Our old favorite is a Hike from Owen Beach around the Point at low tide onward to Salmon Beach, then back up the hill to the car parked at Fort Nisqually.
These are just some pics from todays jaunt, if you haven't done it, grab your 6wt and hit a good tide and give her a go! Captions as appropriate.

Her first taste of salt in a year.

Alder leaf and beach detail

Strong flooding currents.

The Glaucous-Winged Gull is named for its gray wings; the greek word "glaukos" means blue-gray.

"I am outa here!! Little kiddo bailing for the safety of the flood tides.

Salt induced fall.

Pure Joy!

The technical crux at mid tide. Avoided by a scramble up and to the left back onto paved park roads.

Super random floating tire with sail headed out in mid current.

Smile inducing self affirmation ;)

One tuckered lady.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.