A disturbing experience on a fly fishing forum...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Guillaume, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Guillaume

Guillaume New Member

I thought I'd share with you a disturbing experience that happened to me on outdoorbest Fly fishing Forum(http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeromain?id=8)

Some of you may have seen my ad in the classified for a condo rental on Sanibel Island (Snook paradise...). Anyway, I posted a similar ad on that forum yesterday.
    Following the post, I receive a reply from a user Ty Webb. Just one sentence:"va te faire enculer". That's f*** you in french. He probably deducted I was french from my first name. Another guy replied with approving rolling smileys.

So I reported the post to the moderator, and discovered later on that I could no longer access my post. Better, I got banned the day after.

At this point, I'm not sure whether to get angry or just very, very sad that such behavior could be found on a fly fishing (or any for that matter) board.
    Needless to say, a couple of morons do not reflect anything, and I have never faced this kind of behavior, close to racial hate really, anywhere, anytime. I guess I am just appalled and needed to vent. Hey, thanks for"listening" :cool:

2. Rp3 Flyfisher

Rp3 Flyfisher New Member

Home Page:
    I have had a similar experience on the same forum. I have found the actions of the forum in question very poor and I have spoke to them on a few occasion.s with no replies. Real professional.:beathead:

3. Longs for Cutts

Longs for Cutts Member

Media:
    If the post on the Flyfisherman forum looked like the one here, the post was pulled and you were flamed because the post is or at least looks like a blatant advertisement. Everyone on those boards knows I'm a guide and I certainly jump every time there's a Yellowstone post, but I only offer info in public forums rather than offering my services straight-up. To do that I go to e-mail or IMs. If you had few or no previous posts, you'd look like a spammer. Not that this excuses cussing, but I would have responded negatively as well.