a few closures to be aware of...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by orangeradish, Jan 12, 2011.

1. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    Just a heads up for anyone not getting email notices.

January 11, 2011
    White, Carbon, upper Puyallup rivers
    will close early to fishing
    Action: Close the White, Carbon and upper Puyallup rivers to fishing.
    Species affected: All game fish.
    Effective date: Jan. 16, 2011.
    Locations:
    White River: from mouth to R Street Bridge in Auburn will be closed to all fishing.
    Carbon River: from mouth to Hwy 162 Bridge in Auburn will be closed to all fishing.
    Upper Puyallup River: from mouth of Carbon River upstream will be closed to all fishing.
    Reasons for action: The 2010-2011 forecast of wild steelhead returning to the Puyallup River basin is well below the spawning goal. This closure will reduce the incidental hooking mortalities of wild steelhead. Puget Sound wild steelhead populations are listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act.
    Other information: The Puyallup River mainstem, from the mouth to the Carbon River closed to fishing Jan. 1, 2011. Rules re-opening fisheries in the Puyallup River basin will be listed in the 2011/2012 Sportfishing Rules Pamphlet.
    Information Contact: Mike Scharpf, District 11 fish biologist, (360) 902-2710; Larry Phillips, District 11 fish biologist, (360) 902-2721.

January 11, 2011
    Green River (King Co.) will close early to fishing
    Action: Close the Green River to fishing.
    Species affected: All game fish.
    Locations and effective dates:
    from the 1st Ave. South Bridge in Seattle upstream to the South 277th Bridge in Auburn will be closed to all fishing on Jan. 16, 2011.
    from the 277th Bridge in Auburn upstream to the Tacoma Headworks Dam will be closed to all fishing on Feb. 1, 2011.
    Reasons for action: The 2010-2011 forecast of wild steelhead returning to the Green River is well below the spawning goal. This action will reduce the incidental hooking mortalities of wild steelhead. Puget Sound wild steelhead populations are listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act.
    Other information: The river is scheduled to reopen to fishing on June 4, 2011. Regulations for the fishery will be listed in the 2011/2012 Sportfishing Rules Pamphlet.
    Information Contact: Aaron Bosworth, District 12 fish biologist, (425) 775-1311;
    Annette Hoffmann, Region 4 Fish Program manager, (425) 775-1311.

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I guess you could just about cut out Puyallup River basin or Green River and insert any other river or river system. I have no idea what things were like before my arrival here a decade or so ago. I know that they are not getting better. Sad update, thanks for the information O-Radicus, my friend.

3. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    It's hell to know that fishing is so good for us as a past time and creates jobs. And here we go next step they will be out lawing fishing equipment. You'll get arrested for possession of fishing Paraphnalia [no clue to spelling that] If you used a piece of line to tie your shoe.or a rod as a walking stick . Maybe we shouldn't buy a licence until they show us that there's fish available. would prohabition [sp again] cover fish smuggleing. I don't know where are we going from here. The closer I get to fishing the worse the chances are it seems. Happy fishin!!