A few night shots from this weekend

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by orangeradish, Mar 20, 2011.

1. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Very little post. A tweak here, a bump there. But mostly straight out of the camera. You can get some pretty crazy stuff with a loooooong exposure. Hope you guys dig...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Very cool stuff!

3. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Liking the last one best.i like the compostion alot in the first but +1 stop of expouser i think it would have more ummpp, or maybe just a fill flash from slightly camera left to light and show the textures of the dock.

i feel moonlight, much like sunlight, is best when the moon is still low on the horizon, as in number 6.

4. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

NIIIICE! I like em all! :)

5. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Dude, you made Umtanum just in time then..right on.

6. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Very cool. Love them! Thanks for posting.

7. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

DO YOU KNOW OF COURSE I LIKE THEM YOU WOULDN'T OTHERWISE

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Excellent work. I do hope you'll keep sharing more with us when you are O-Radicusly Ridiculously Photographically Famous.

9. Brazda

Brazda Fly Fishing guide "The Bogy House" Lodge

Awesome shots Jason, bet your getting some great Moon light lately that thing is huge right now,,,,,,but why are they NOT from the OP?

10. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

Nice job, like the first one the best.

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Here comes a jackwagon. While these are some nice shots And you are a budding picture taker. No where in these shots was there anything fishing related. Plus there is a sub forum here for just this type of shots.

Why clutter up the main forum with pictures of you being out at night.

Jim

12. orangeradish

Thanks, guys.

Probably the same reason you clutter up the main forum with weather reports about montana.

(#2 he's looking in a fly box, #3 he's fishing.)

13. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

haha

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Isn't it nice that we all get along. If I did something wrong, you all would tell me, RIGHT. I was just saying..............................

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Jim, you are right, of course. We should all tell each other when we are doing or saying things that are wrong. Sometimes telling people they are wrong, that they have done something wrong or that you don't approve should be done via a Private Message as a matter of forum member courtesy. This would reduce the impression that you are correcting someone just to draw attention to their mistake.

For example, in your quote above, I believe that sandwitch should be spelled sandwich. Sorry for not sending you a PM or drawing attention to you. I hope you realize I'm not trying to be a jerk, just seeing a lot of folks calling others out in public on the forum. I know that you will understand my point, and feel free to tell me to "bite you". Ed

16. JS

JS Active Member

Ha, your post is exactly why I spend less time on here these days Jim. Again, sweet shots O.

17. Annie Rutherford

Annie Rutherford Washington Native

Nice shots J. I like them all, especially the last.

Jim....It you don't have any thing nice to say please don't say any thing at all. Name calling from Montana is unacceptable! Jason is bright young man with a bright future. I know because I work with him, he is also a close personal friend. It pisses me off when you come upon a post you don't like and lift your leg. You might try fishing for a change.

18. SteelieD

SteelieD Non Member

Sweet. How long was the exposure in #3? How long did your subject have to stand still I guess is what I'm asking...

Shut up Jim.

19. orangeradish

It was 15 seconds at f8 ISO400. That got the ambient exposure for the background. I lit the subject with a manual flash at 1/8th power IIRC. Because there wasn't enough light to have him show up without a flash, and the duration of a flash is faster than 1/1000th of a second, I was able to freeze him.

Hope that answers it. If not, send me a PM.:thumb:

20. tediousthumper

tediousthumper Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin

NIce shots J...
    Ouch ease up on the Jim bashing, after all he's an old duffer. He's got to vent. Nobody pay's attention to what he says, it's all jiberish right, lol.