A few traditional streamers

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by S Fontinalis, Jul 31, 2012.

1. What i've been tying the last couple weeks. A few different "Ghost" patterns. It seems there are over 30 variations of the Ghost fly

Eunan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holy "long hook is long" batman! Nice ties as always. Thanks for sharing.

3. Beautiful as always. Curious however - do you get out much to fish these or are the showcase type flies. i'm not really sure what a showcase fly is - but curious how these fish.

4. I've no experience fishing these flies. I just tie them for show and for fun. They do however fish pretty well from what i can gather. There are numerous books on the patterns and methods to fish them.
    If i was fishing them, it would be on the swing. Smaller flies you could cast, (<#4) , but generally the longer and bigger flies are for trolling. I suppose you could swing them too on a spey set up.

5. All so nicely done. What a wonderful pattern, the Ghost. "Queen of the Lake" always one of my favorites. I can remember tying my first Ghost. It was a big deal at the time and a big step up from tying "Mickey Finns" and "Black Nosed Dace".
    Thanks for sharing your flies.
    Jack

PS I enjoyed seeing your "Titanic" again on Streamers365.
    J

6. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. They look too good to use for their intended purpose.

7. Thanks guys.

Jack, some of these will be up on streamers 365 later in the year too. It was fun tying for that project, and it got me seriously into streamer tying.

8. Streamers are cool ! And yours are the coolest !