NFR A Laugh For St. Patty's Day

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rob Ast, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Cracked me up

2. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Absolutely first rate, Rob!!! This reminds me of the sheep dog trials some years ago at the Pleasanton Scottish Games,down in CA. Rather than use sheep, the promoters decided to use domestic ducks. They let the ducks loose into the arena, and the quackers, all in a tight bunch finally noticed the dog crouched at the other end of the sawdust. The collective look on the faces of the ducks was something like; "Hold on! What the hell's that DOG doing here? This isn't in our contract??!!". The audience noticed it about the same time, and everybody cracked up. The dog was not displeased, either.

3. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

That was really a good laugh and the dog was outstanding!

LB

4. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Good one Rob! I'm on my way to the store to get some Guinness right now!!!! Some friends are having me over tonight for clam chowder in Poulsbo and to think I was going to bring wine!!!!

5. Dave Boyle

Dave Boyle Active Member

Nice one Rob!

Paticularily loved the shot to the fat bloke aiming for the curry house and then the dancing chicks distraction. It took me back to yrs ago when I was fishing Loch Morar in the highlands of Scotland and fishing was really slow/crap, I ended up watching a shepherd and his 2 dogs work scattered sheep all the way alongside the (really) steep hillside that paralleled the loch. I still remember admiring the energy of the dogs as they ran up and down the hill herding the sheep and the skill of the shepherd coordinating it all just by whistling. They were a real team, if it weren't for the dogs there was no way that type of farming could ever be done. Either that or the Scots would hammmer even the Ethiopians at marathon running. You had to see it to really believe how they thought as one and the shepherd just walking along at the bottom of the hill whistling, guiding the dogs as they furiously raced around or stopped dead and so on, rounding up the sheep all over the hillside into a flock. It was quite incredible to watch.

Dave

6. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Thanks Rob. I knew a Basque herder when I was a kid in Montana. Good herding dogs are incredible to watch.

7. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

What a great way to start St Patty's Day! Thanks Rob! Rick

8. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Good morning to you all.

Now I need a Harp Lager.
    Love to watch those dogs work. They certainly earn their keep.

Thanks for posting.

9. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Attached Files:

• G6.jpg
      G6.jpg
      File size:
      161.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Just got home from work, and enjoying a nice Guinness as we speak (err... type)

11. Jim Darden

Jim Darden Active Member

Man, this dog could have made a big difference in my social life when I was single. He'd have to be able to tell ewes from rams though!

12. ribka

ribka Active Member

my GrandFather on Dad's side emigrated from County Cork

Enjoying some Stout, potatoes, cabbage corn beef today.

They sure had a tougher life and an emptier stomach than me and I thank them every day .

Thanks for posting some humor