A Little of My Own Medicine (Bubba Report)

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by miyawaki, Jun 4, 2009.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +836 / 1
    Not quite Greg, but I love the action on the Ozark Spiders!

Leland.
  2. ReelFlyBro Team Short Bus

Montucky
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Boring video I made, youtube axed the music so it's even more boring now. decent smally last may in MI, strippin' streamers. please dont dog me for setting it in the sand for a second :hmmm: dont really know what I was thinking there. Fun fight. he had me bent

3. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Nice video and fish :thumb:
  4. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    The Smallmouth Bass is a warrior. In my opinion one of the greatest flyrod gamefish that swims. Nice work Leland. Now get on over to the Snake and the mouths of it's tribs next spring for some of the greatest smallie fishing in North America! Lightweight speying at it's very best. Coach
  5. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Duz' ya hafta' uz barbless huks on smallies too? :eek:

Jc:p
  6. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    I did because I wasn't planning on keeping any.

Leland.
  7. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    Don't fergit the Vienner sausages, potted meat, and saltines. Gotta love them pulverized, cased, and pureed hog parts. :thumb:

Good to hear this. I enjoyed some awesome fly-fishing for smallies back when I was in eastern WA. I've sure missed having them nearby...
  8. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1

Mike,
    It won't be long before they are nearby. I've been finding smallies in lakes that never had them before. Bubba the bucket biologist has been hard at work.
  9. steelydan Newb seeking wisdom

Sammamish WA
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    Fresh Copenhagen might move.
  10. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +422 / 0
    Finish the sentence:

Fresh Copenhagen might move...the bowels.
  11. Krystoff Member

Woodinville, WA
    Man I need to find me some bass water near Woodinville!
  12. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    there are a handfull of ponds within 5 - 10 min of downtown woodinville that hold bass.
  13. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    :rofl::rofl:

You're killing me......
  14. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Here is the piggy I was talking about. Caught it from my buddy's dock while at his bbq. Thought I would flip my favorite black jitterbug and came up big. That is the biggest jitterbug they sell and the fish sipped it like a mayfly! She had a belly packed with eggs, ready to spawn. I will admit the pic is a bit long armed but that was just to try and get it close to the rod for records. But....my buddy got the same fish about 4 days later and measured it to 20" while I was with him. By than the bass' belly had shrunk.

You can't even swim in the area of my buddy's dock right now without being bit on the fingers and toes......its crazy!
  15. ffb Resident Foo

Bellingham, WA
    Lake Whatcom?
  16. Michael Thompson the flavor of BADFISH

camano island wa
    so anyone want to spill some small mouth beans on some good locations north of seattle and south of bellingham? PWEEEEEEEEAAAZ
  17. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +303 / 0
    Fuggin' gear chucker.
  18. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    I've heard Campbell is a largemouth lake and I have caught both browns and largemouths in Cranberry. One is on Whidbey and the other is Fidalgo.

Leland.
  19. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +629 / 0
    Ahhh, Smallies . . . the always-reliable "fill-in" fish. Mean, obnoxious, red-eyed devils . . . absolutely spastic when you try to lip them. Tie something in black, with a bushy soft hair/hackle head & a zonker tail . . . throw it out, let it slowly sink, and twitch it periodically . . . many a largemouth has succumbed to that particular seduction (best down here was 8 1/4# & she was spawned-out & sans gut . . . bet she would have broken the 9# barrier a few weeks prior.
  20. troutpocket Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +326 / 0
    Call your local WDFW office and ask to talk with the Warmwater Team bio. They will know and it's their job to share the info.