A little slice of (Montana) heaven.....

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by dbk, Dec 1, 2006.

1. dbk Active Member

Spokane, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    Seeing that it is December and I am half way around the world in Rome, I thought I would post a few photos from this past summer in Montana where I spent a few wonderful weeks camping and fishing in July and August. Intentionally staying away from the more well known, popular rivers, I instead spent my time fishing some smaller streams that offered more solititude, great scenery, and eager cutts (with some browns and rainbows thrown in for good measure). Western Montana is such great country, and when you are missing home a bit like I am right now, these images conjure up some really wonderful memories that help to ease the "pain" until I get to return again this summer. Europe is wonderful and the beauty here is astounding, but the longer I am here the more I appreciate how blessed we are to live in the United States. Pace.

Dave
  2. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Great pix! I spent some time in MT this summer too. It is an awesome place!! Thanks for sharing.
  3. dude_1967 Chris

Yeah, they can't Cutt it :thumb: in Europe.

Thanks for the pictures, Chris.
  4. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +782 / 0
    Thanks, I needed that!
    Dick
  5. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Nice, very nice indeed!

LB
  6. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs
    Nice, yes Europe is OK but there is no place like the US, been to Europe a number of times great history and scenery but theres no place like home.

:beer2:

BG
  7. James Leslie New Member

Seattle, WA
    thanks for sharin, everything here in Washington is on the rise, again.
    Jim L
  8. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +150 / 8
    It is times like this during the winter that sure make me drool over pictures like these. Man I miss a small stream in summer....3 or 4 wt rod.... dry fly.....wow, I am kind of depressed right now. Thanks for bringing me down.
    Just kidding. Actually the pics are great, thanks for sharing.
    Mike
  9. dbk Active Member

Spokane, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +54 / 0

Mike, small streams in the summer are great, but what I miss right now is winter fishing on some of the small streams we have in the Spokane area that are so beautiful this time of year. I suppose what I miss most is just being home, especially during Christmas. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Pace.

Dave
  10. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +150 / 8
    I hear you Dave. I am here and I miss the local water as well. I have only been out once with fishtolive several weeks ago. At least you have an excuse for not getting out, all I can do is blame it on work. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in Rome? Feel free to ignore or pm if you would like.
    Mike
  11. Morenofly New Member

Tuscany (Italy)
    Hi Dave

As you can see I found you here too!! Great pics. I hope I have the opportunity of fishing in your areas soon. I'm sorry I won't be able to fish the TWT with you this weekend but the last word isn't said yet!!

Cheers

Moreno