a newbie saying hello and a quick south sound report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ghflyflinger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ghflyflinger

ghflyflinger Member

first off hello to all and let me say this is a wonderful site you have put together here. Well went fishing in the gig harbor area yesterday at noon fished the outgoing tide for about 3 hours and brought several fish to hand, including my first src and some resident silvers. I had most my luck on a olive bugger but also caught a few on a chartreuse clouser. All in all it was a gourgeous day and feel as if catching these fish in the salt could become quite addicting.

Jake

p.s. sorry for the poor quality pic camerphones suck.

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Welcome aboard Jake. Mighty nice looking fish you found.

K

3. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

Media:
    Welcome! Let's get this meeting started. My name is Brent and I'm addicted to sea-run cutthroat fishing. :D

4. wet line

wet line New Member

Jake a very nice fish and very refreshing to have someone come on board sharing rather than asking. But there is a penalty for doing so. You have to sponsor a trip to your special place, includung beer, drinks and food as well as insuring that everyone hooks into at least 20 fish. :rofl:

Then of course there is the morning after and all the bodies camped out in, over and around your place. But don't worry in that there are usually enough empty beer cans to pay for the damages and with a little luck a small profit. By the way any gear left behind is yours. This is a new rule I just made up because I feel generous right now. I think I will pour another drink and this may change. Like I have anything to say about anything LOL. Sorry Chris, all gear left behind is yours, I forgot. LOL

Welcome and thanks for the report.

5. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Media:
    Welcome aboard flyflinger...say hello to the Coastal Cuttie addiction...gotta lov'em...

:cool:

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Welcome aboard Jake. What part of Gig Harbor are you in? I'm a UPS driver out there. Yeah, this kind of bums me out. My new route out there takes me away from ALL fishing. No way to do it and not get my butt in a world of hurt back at the center. :(

7. coonrad

coonrad New Member

Media:
    Hi, my name is coonrad. I too am addicted to fishing for sea run cutthroat as well as saltwater fly fishing in general. I'm here because this has caused me trouble with my job, my wife and my finances.

Welcome Jake

8. ghflyflinger

ghflyflinger Member

thanks for the warm welcome guys. Wetline i wish this was a secret special spot but no luck on that one and Jerry I actually live on fox island just outside of the harbor. Again thanks for the welcome and hopefully Ill have more reports to post soon.

9. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Beauty fish, ghflyflinger. Thanks for sharing the report and welcome to the board. I am also among those addicted to fly fishing for searun cutthroat. Until June 1st, I'm gonna have to drive a little further to "get some," but after that my local streams can offer up some good action. Gotta work today, otherwise I'd already be long gone! :thumb:

Jimbo

10. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Oh, gotcha. I've delivered Fox Island, but really don't know it that well. Help the normal driver Jim out there with his over 70# deliveries a bit. I used to deliver the Cromwell area all the time, so know the beaches across from you quite well. Some awesome SRC fishing there. Have fished the FI dock a few times too. ;)

11. ghflyflinger

ghflyflinger Member

well jerry next you are in the area drop me an email and we can go wet a line.
    Jake

12. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Well, I'm off injured right now, so stuck at home. When I'm back, will be doing a route off Pt Fosdick in the shopping area up there. So probably won't be in your area for quite awhile. But if something changes, will let you know. :thumb: