A nice Brown

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Kaiserman, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Robert Evans

Robert Evans New Member

Love it, I've got to stop wasting my time on the western side of the cascades with these little dinkers.

2. grnsparrow32

grnsparrow32 Member

awesome fish. catching a brown like that would probably send me into a frenzy of epic proportions! i have never caught a brown to date. looking forward to that day. fantastic post.....keep em coming!!!!

3. otto

otto New Member

Jim,that does it I'm moving to Idaho. Incase everyone else missed it western WA sucks butt for trout, I havent seen a Brown like that (pulled out of a river) since the last time I was in Northern Michigan. Great job. If anyone is complaining they're just jealous!

4. Leopardbow

Leopardbow Member

Amazing fish!

5. Lakebuzzer

Lakebuzzer I like to rip lips,,

Jim, do you realize if someone has to defend ones self to the point that you did, they usually aren't being honest with them selfs. The guy was just messing with your head.. Take a Valium and chill. If I got upset like you do for all the times my buddies who dont fly fish ask where all my fish are for the day, since I catch and release 100%. I would have ulcers.. Take a joke. You know what you accomplished. Love the moment and who cares what one or others might say.

6. Smooth

Smooth Guest

Good comments Kevin.

Someone insinuated that I had poached on this board a long time ago (they were oh so wrong and it almost led to the exposure of a good winter stream on the East Side) and I have been as guilty as anyone of going off on someone.
    After seeing this thread I have come to realize why it is important to temper some of my comments. YIKES
    Too easy to get the wrong impression when you cannot hear voice inflections and read someone'sface.

7. agsalmon

agsalmon Member

Apologies to Jim

Jim,

I'd like to extend an apology to you for your misunderstanding. Obviously, you know that you are an amazing fisherman. I wasn't accusing you of photoshopping that photo of yourself with that beautiful fish...in fact, quite the contrary...the photo is clearly authentic. I was simply stating that I saw a resemblence between yourself and the fake photos I had seen a couple months ago on the posting regarding the "Big Brown Contest." I went back and looked and found that the photos were posted by "Itchy Dog," another WFF legend, on 6/9/2009. If you look at the photos from this post, I think you'll understand how I may have made this mistake...you guys look very similar, but you have a way better tan.

I wasn't claiming you photoshopped the photo, I was asking others if you were the same guy. Again, my sincere apologies, and feel free to PM me if you would like me to join you next time you go to that location!

8. Ray

Ray Active Member

Because I see no fly rod in that photo, I will assume that fish was taken via electroshock and the black thing in the water is an ES probe. :D

Seriously though, nice fish!!

9. soreshoulder

soreshoulder New Member

I have finally stopped drooling long enough to write NICE FISH.

10. From a simple picture of a good fish, to this....I't makes me glad that during the time I've been a member of the board that I've chosen to not interact too often on the board. After this is over I believe I'll turn into a nocturnal skulker, always lurking in the background but never out in front.

Earlier tonight I looked at the new posts and read Kevin's comments about valium and chill pill. Almost responded at that point but just like my comment the other day to agsalmon I backed off and went to the store for more copenhagen and coors light. Always calms me down. I'm sure you can already tell but I'm an intense guy and that trait serves me well. Knowing that, my response to Ag was the fourth one I typed and having reviewed it I still stand by my assessment of his comment and how I chose to respond. I sincerely believe that we ought to be able to banter back and forth without that type of thing happening but it did, I thought long and hard about it and posted my well thought out response. Each of you are welcome to make your own assessment of both the comment and my response.

As you all can see AG posted an apology. I accept his apology that he wasn't accusing me of photo shopping.

The comment he made "Obviously, you know that you are an amazing fisherman" I take offense to. The comments I made in my responding post were simply made to emphasize the fact that I've spent considerable time and effort to put myself in position to occasionly get rewarded with good fish. That fish and others were all well earned. Lefty Kreh, he's amazing.... I'm just an intense nobody wanting to get a buzz on with rod in hand!

With AG's post and then this post I'm done with it. No more posting for me as I've gone fishing.

11. agsalmon

agsalmon Member

My apologies again, however, 32 steelhead, 4 kings, and 50 18"+ browns and rainbows in 58 days is some serious shit requiring much more than "time and effort." Don't sell yourself short....those kinds of numbers are very impressive. I'm envious of your skills and the amount of time you make to fish. I'm lucky to get half that amount of time between work and family. I'm not an asshole, nor do I ever act like one. Did you see the resemblence between yourself and Itchy Dog in those photos to which I earlier referred?

12. Lakebuzzer

Lakebuzzer I like to rip lips,,

Well Jim , so long.bawling: I guess all your ranting to show that you are such an intense person, doesn't have any bearing on being a quitter, you need to not be so intense and sit back and enjoy life.

Now if you want to talk about fishing stats.. Come see me when you have caught a 55 lb rooster or a 42lb wahoo or a 125lb sailfish, and the list goes on, on the fly rod, now here is the kicker, in a kayak. now that's fishing.

Again so long Jim, We will all say a silent prayer for Jim and make a hardy cheer that his coppenhagen doesn't kill him before his intense high blood pressure does.:beer2:

Kevin

13. Ryan Francis

Ryan Francis HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF ME, BUT THINKING

When did this board become a dick measuring contest? People need to lighten the f-ck up!
    I caught a 11-inch cutt on the Flathead yesterday!

14. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Great fish Jim. After reading your story about the fly that finally nabbed him, I'm guessing that the most important thing wasn't the fly pattern itself but the fact that you took some time out to sit on a rock and think about it. Your constant casting of new and different patterns might have put him off a bit. Giving him a rest to grow bolder probably meant just about anything would have worked.

Thanks for sharing,

K

15. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Wow! This is some f'cked up sh't... The dude was just trying to share his glory of a monster fish, and then get's sh't on after defending his credibility of that catch. I thought his response was warranted and well thought out. Maybe a bit intense, but that's his right considering the circumstances. Nice fish Jim! Keep sharing your trophies, I definitely appreciate it.

16. Nate Dutton

Nate Dutton I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!

Media:
    Jim this picture is no doubt photo shopped, look at your hat...its matches the back ground too good, and the water? You want me to believe that is real? and that fish..come on, you expect me to believe that there is a fish like that in the world? And your waders, obviously way too waderish.:rofl::thumb::rofl::rofl::beathead::beathead: (just to inform those who don't get sarcasm, this is sarcasm) Great fish Jim!!! Keep rippin those lips!! :thumb:

17. nate1031

nate1031 New Member

Home Page:
    Oink oink oink!

18. Well, the last time I posted, I stated that I'm done with this post but after viewing the following I couldn't help myself. True Colors....assholes always get outed as they can't help themselves. The following is a conversation between the almighty Tim..aka agsalmon and his buddy Kevin Lunde. Great guys that I'm sure all of us members of this board need to hear more from. Our reputations are a totality of our past. Keep up the good work guys as your legendary status will just keep growing with bullshit like this.

If you care to verify this, just go to Kevin Lunde's post, click on his big fish picture next to his name and it will come up. You can click on the "see this conversation" and there it is. Two great honorable members.

This first one is Tim..agsalmon talking to Kevin

Report Yesterday 11:46 AMagsalmon
    Frickin hilarious post...I love getting a rise (no pun intended) out of guys on this board (figuratively speaking...phew), but often times its too easy. Thanks for the support from a local Spokanite. Tim

This one's Kevin's response back to Tim

Yesterday 05:39 PMKevin Lunde
    I rather enjoyed that. I cannot believe how fast these guys on this site will spool up over some of the most asinine things.. I got your back.. Now tell me where all your fishing spots are.. LOL

At this time, Tim's (agsamons) statement in his posts that he didn't mean anything and that he's not an asshole are obviously now glowing in a little different light.

Now, as Jim Rome would say, "I'm headed to the basement"! Out!

19. riseform

riseform Active Member

Media:
    I'm still waiting for Itchy to chime in about his lousy tan before this thread gets closed.

Nice fish, Jim.

20. Wilken

Wilken Member

If I didnt know better, I'd swear it was in New Zealand. Wrong vegetation, right species and size. Obviously not photoshopped! Great fish!!!! Pics like this force me to fish before my next planned fishing trip. I guess the yardwork will have to wait. Thanks.