A note for all swappers

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    I'm starting to receive the flies for the first phase of the marathon swap. One of the participants had an envelope seal fail while in transit, either that or some postal worker has a nice set of flies. I received an envelope with a return envelope inside, no flies.

When mailing your flies off for a swap, tape over the envelope seals and make sure your fly box has your return address firmly attached to it. That way, if something drastic should happen to your envelope in the postal system, your box will eventually make it's way back to you.

I know this is old stuff to many, but forewarned is forearmed.

REE
  2. Bob Ellis New Member

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Please do heed Ron's advice, both regarding the tape and the return address. Those thing DO happen!

My swap flies are the ones he mentioned. Fortunately, I had followed Ron's advice and fastened a label with my name and address to the tin containing the flies. The naked tin showed up in my mail this afternoon shortly after I found out that Ron hadn't receive them. They'll be back in the mail in the morning, and this time both ends of the package will be reinforced with tape!

Bob