A question about prams.

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Angler 77, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Jim Wheeler Full time single dad and pram builder

Tonasket, WA
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Well Ryan, I wouldn't buy anything from anybody that treated me that way either. Not wanting to take your order OR your money? Man, sounds like an ass to me. With that said my guess is that you talked to one of the many caregivers I had over the past 13 months to take care of our 14 yr old daughter while I was with her mom and my wife of almost 20 years, who was dignosed with a very aggressive Lymphoma back in March 2007. I have been by her side from the start of this nightmare and I have orders dating back to May 2007 and have only been able to build 2 boats since then. We have been in Seattle for her treatments since October and hope to be home in mid May at which time I can go back to building boats and catch up on a long backlog and start paying the medical bills. I think you will find from any of those waiting as well as those ordering boats now that I have been very appreciative of their order and their incredible patience throughout this ordeal. We haven't been around for 14 years and seen many companies come and go trying to compete with us by being nasty.

Jim Wheeler, owner
    Spring Creek Prams
  2. Angler 77 AKA Scott Jones

Port Townsend, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Wow, it's amazing the sort of closeness you can achieve with a simple post. This is the second time I can recall a very personal post coming from a broadbased request of info. How do you balance life with fishing life?
  3. Bruce TenHoeve Member

allmostsumas,wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    wow jim,i hope your wife's condition works out for the better,what an ordeal!....our thoughts and prayers.....you build an amazing pram!

warm regards Bruce and family
  4. tyenflies Life is good living on a lake!

Lacey, WA
    I have a Spring Creek pram and love it. After 10 years of float tubes, pontoon boats and the like, it is great to stretch my legs and be able to cast from the boat once in a while standing up. The ability to take a leak without going to shore is a huge plus on a larger lake.

Jim treated me very well, provided a great product at a fair price, and gave me a couple of flies to boot. It is well worth the wait.

I use a modified deer cart for transport. I got a heavy duty one, says it will hold 300lbs. Modified it a bit and the pram fits well. Strapped down I have taken it over a mile into a lake on a closed (to vehicle access) logging road. It worked much better than packing my pontoon boat did.

D
  5. nwpacker New Member

Wetside, WA
    Here's another great pram.

http://www.endureboats.com/

I've got one of the 10' models and love it. I had a Spring Creek Hopper II, which i really did like but this one made that one expendable.
  6. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Had this one built about four years ago, builder in background, grandson in foreground, great boat for $900 but the grand kid out grew it. About 75 lbs.

Daryle

[IMG]