A seperate 'Lost and Found' section.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fredaevans, Oct 30, 2010.

1. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    First, for clarity, I've contacted the Admin's on several Fora to which I post with the same suggestion.

Theft of fishing equipment, cheap .. or in my case, close to $1,500 of just a rod/reel(s) is substantial. Your Home Owner's Insurance will cover same .. except for the Deductible, more often than not a $500.00 bite.

You've been hit, you post .. and three days later you're WATCH FOR THIS is buried on page 3 or 5 of new posts. Not a great help; go ahead and watch your local "Craig's List" or E-Bay .. luck be with you. Watch the 'Nickel' advertising Rag, even better luck be with you.

You're toast .. unless "we few, we precious few'' band together to watch for same. Just a thought, just a thought.

fae
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Fred, there is a lost/stolen/found section in the classifieds. Been there for years.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Fred the lost and found is located atop the classifieds and is a great tool for announcing lost found stolen items.
  4. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Hummmm? Classifieds .. exactly where I'd expect to go for/find/to post this 'I'm fracked'. Good call Guys, good call..... But what do I know? I'm not paying a 'dime' to have this Fora on the Web.

Again, just my .02 cents.
    fae

Edit: Mumbles/Jerry. NO disrespect intended.
    Fred
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Fred, how about Chris no disrespect intended. He built the place.
    If you think your stuff got stolen and it might be listed, where would it be listed? The classifieds. Putting the lost and found there makes as much sense as any location you've yet suggested. It has its own location, does not turn over as fast as the main forum or classifieds so it is easy to see the listings once you open that page. It makes sense to me.
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Fred, one thing you have to realize is that most guys WILL NOT fence there stuff online on a forum like this. BUT, they will approach guys on the rivers, etc to sell them goods "cheap". I've had alot of stuff stolen. Guess how I got some of it back? You guessed it, someone I knew had heard about theft, and saw the stuff for sale somewhere else. Getting the word out isn't a bad thing. I can GUARANTEE you they don't come to a flyfishing site and put it up for sale. Now Craigslist and Ebay, you bet your ass they will. This is the BEST way to get the word out.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    And, FYI, the "for sale" area probably gets more hits then any forum on here, ESPECIALLY over the spey section. I don't take any disrespect, but agree with Ed that the apologies go to Chris.
  8. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Sorry if I offended anyone, but when you have close to $1,400 worth of new credit card receipts on your desk ... I can get a bit 'testy.' That said, theft of fishing tackle has become almost 'main stream' (no bad pun intended) here in the greater PNW. Just on the Speypages there's at least three or four current threads going where someone has met Mr. Lightfingers.

Add to that the number of similar posts on a couple of other Fora that I regularly follow .... theft on the river has become Pandemic in its frequency. But if there's little interest, there's little interest.
    fae
  9. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.