A shout out to Raka

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by IveofIone, Feb 3, 2012.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

I have been buying all of my fiberglass and epoxy from these guys and am pleased with their operation. The prices are good, service prompt, shipping minimal and best of all I really like working with their products. They have a variety of resins and hardeners of different speed to tailor your build to whatever the conditions are. A note about their shipping charges: They don't post shipping rates because they charge exactly what UPS charges and don't puff up their invoices with flat rate charges.

And when I ask a question they answer. This may not seem like a big deal but it is surprising how many outfits have a 'contact us' site but never bother to respond to inquiries. I tried to get some information from a boat supply store in a nearby city and never heard a word back. I ended up buying on line with no tax and free shipping. I would rather have paid a little more and got the chance to handle the actual parts before I purchased them. Don't complain about how poor the economy is when you are a part of the problem.

Ive

2. Tom Palmer

Tom Palmer Active Member

Thanks for the positive words about Raka. I am planning on doing some boat building this summer and they look to be quite a bit cheaper then West System.

Are you using the medium cure? What epoxy are you using?

3. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Tom, I am using the 127 low viscosity resin and the 608 medium cure. I have tried both the fast and slow cure but for my purposes the 608 medium seems to be the Goldilocks sweet spot. Pm me if you have questions.

Ive

4. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Media:
    Again thank you Ive for the heads up on Raka as I'm planning on overhauling a pram in the future that my grandfather gave to me years ago.