A Taste of Saturday

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Apr 28, 2011.

1. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Saturday, April 30

12:00 - 4:00 PM
    Free wine tasting from Hells Canyon Winery and Barbecue Pork and Beef Sliders

Acoustic blues guitar and vocals by Ryan Harder

1:00 – 3:00 PM
    “Searun Cutthroat, What, Where and How”
    Doug Rose, Bob Triggs and Leland Miyawaki will share secrets and stories about one our most cherished and beautiful fish

1:00 – 4:00 PM
    Come meet Scott and Tyla and their dogs, Otis, Ott and Fancy, from Highland Hills Ranch, Orvis Endorsed Wingshooting Lodge of the Year

3:30 – 4:30 PM
    “9 Million Pink Salmon! How Easy Can It Get?”
    Dov Young will talk tackle, rigging and techniques for catching pinks in both salt and freshwater

Sunday, May 1
    12:00 – 3:00 PM
    Speyburn Whiskey Tasting

Northwest premiere of the new R.A Beattie fly fishing film, “Off the Grid” featuring breathtaking shots of trout smashing dries during some of the most spectacular insect hatches.

Saturday, May 7
    12:00 - 4:00 PM
    Free Glenmorangie Whiskey Tasting and Barbecue Pork and Beef Sliders

Acoustic folk and bluegrass by "Down the Road"

11:30 – 12:30 PM
    “Making a Small Budget Film Look Like a Big Budget Film” Rick Bell, Director/Cameraman, will show what it takes to make films that people will actually enjoy

1:00 – 4:00 PM
    “Fishing Antiques Appraisals” Larry Peterson and Dwight Lyons will be here again to help you assess your most prized possessions and hoarded junk

1:00 – 2:30 PM
    “A Day on the River” Orvis Endorsed Guide, Derek Young will present photographs that depict exactly what it’s like to be on the Yakima River with a guide. The photographs will premiere the photos of Jason Small.

3:00 – 4:00 PM
    “Fly Fishing for Carp”
    Dave Williams returns with an all new seminar on catching these elusive, but huge, fish!

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Leland ,
    Are you going to demonsrate how to tye your famous popper? Looking forward to the wine tasting, But I'm a little nervous that being seen drinking wine will ruin my redneck hillbilly image.

3. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Bob will tie his Chum Baby. I may be a little busy.

Leland.

4. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Sounds like a total hoot .... but I DO HAVE TO correct the spelling: It's "Whisky" not "Whiskey." That aside, sounds like a great idea that I've not seen done before .... save for the airport at Heathrow in the UK. Skip the 'wine tasting' the Duty Free area is one tasting bar after another. Remember a time through (changing planes) and did a 'SAY WHAT!????'

Had to check my carry on bag and buy another to carry home all the loot. Wife 2.0 later saw the credit card bill and asked 'What the hell did you buy at an airport that cost (collectively) well over $300.00 USD????'

Nuff said about the rest of the conversation; but I was having 'wee drams' of Scotland's finest for the next couple of years. Cask strength stuff will take your head off until you cut same with a bit of water ... stuff is 105 to 120 proof right out of the bottle.

This was well before 9/11 when US Custom Agents still had/were allowed(?) a sense of humor. Roll up with a airport cart with two smallish bags and what could only be discribed as a full on duffel bag. "Any thing to declare Mr. Evans?" '

'Ya, did a bit of over doing it at Heathrow. I've never seen the likes of that before.'

Open the duffel and there's close to three cases of Single Malts and then, as now?, you were allowed a liter of this/that without paying 'Duty.'

Guy pulls a couple of the bottles, reads the labels and says (to the effect): 'You have very good taste Mr. Evans, enjoy!'

Dear God, did I ever.

fae