Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A thanx is 'What's up"

Boats 
798 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bill Aubrey 
#1 ·
I come to these forums...specifically the 'watercraft' ones because I've found more information on using pontoon boats than any where else.
I'm not even a fly fisherman, never having had the chance to learn.
Have always found the members honest and friendly and I love the bantering humor that pops up but doesn't overwhelm the subject.

I do have a fair amount of experience using and even moderating some forums on a variety of subjects of interest to me. Enough experience to recognize those who only want to rock the boat.
I am not posting this as a response to ignoranceisbliss's post because I could write his response for him/her.
I write it to say to the regular members, that I appreciate the friendly manner in which you interact and the knowledge you share amongst one another.

Keep it up and the best way to lose negativity is to ignore it.

PAX

#2 ·
Mr. John, I agree with you whole heartedly about the ability to learn a tremendous amount from the forums, watercraft a fine example. I first opened the watercraft forum as a first time pontoon boat owner, now I have a lot of craft, from a lot of companies, for a lot of reasons. Each one is great, but has also allowed me to grow in my experience, modify them to satisfy my tinkering needs and customized some things that no craft may fully deliver. Excellent post.

#3 ·
Ditto to what Ed and Mr. John said. I only 'discovered' this forum a month ago. It hasn't taken long to appreciate this website & its forums; mainly I like it because the discussions are thought-provoking and informative, & I usually learn some new things and get exposed to different perspectives. I also enjoy the light-hearted banter.

I do have to say, however, that I am a bit jealous that one of the mods has some Spiderman powers. ;)

Good fishing and safe boating to all.

#7 ·
I think I like this Imperial Stout guy (since I'm a stout and porter drinker).

Yup, I'm able to do all mentioned, while frying up some eggs in a cast iron skillet in one hand and shooting line out of my 9wt in the other. ;) The big S on my chest is for Steelheader :)

Seriously speaking, people were way off base, getting some bad info. I think this board is truly harder on Scadden boats then most. Especially this kid. I guess I should go ban myself. ;) This board is a good mix of people. If you spend enough times in the different forums, you'll find it a great place for info (though you do have to weed through good and bad, EVERY type of board is that way).

#9 ·
Jerry: I agree. Those two posters were simply looking to cause a rumble from the get-go. I have had a Scadden craft for 3 years and it has been a serviceable watercraft for me. I wouldn't say it is perfect (far from it, in fact) or that it is better than watercraft from other vendors. But it has done what I needed it to do, on both rivers and lakes. I've had a used 2004 Chevy Tahoe for 3 years, too. When I bought the used Tahoe, I got it cheap ($16k) and it only had 37k miles on it. It has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. The Tahoe's AWD function combined with snow tires has probably saved my life a time or two on the numerous trips on icy roads I've made during pheasant hunting seasons. This sharing of information is in no way intended as a put-down of Fords, Dodges, Toyotas, etc! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.