A Very Short Beach Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Mar 8, 2013.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +914 / 1
    A short beach fishing report from Joemma State Park by me and Bill Zytkowicz. It was a beautiful day with an incoming six foot tide. A couple flasks of whisky and some good cigars made it a banner day despite the lack of fish.

Leland.
    photo-1.JPG
  2. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +379 / 0
    It was a beautiful day today and I really wanted to get out to Hood Canal. But.....I got too involved in working on taxes and doing other "honey-dos"!

Glad to hear you had a good day on the water but the angle of that picture with your legs splayed out flat on the beach makes me think that you hit both the flasks!!! ;)
  3. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +896 / 0
    The life o` Riley, Leland, and with that, you got me thinking I really need something to believe in: I believe I'll have another drink...:D
  4. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +343 / 0
    I hope you found your other leg
  5. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Ratings: +27 / 0
    Leland, your fly is money $$$$$! image.jpg
  6. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Post too long cliff note version available?
  7. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Hood Canal. Got 7 sea runs. 2 biggest about 17-18 inches. The rest from 12-15 inches. Three on the Miyawaki Popper. Four on chum fry imitations. Two Hours before and up to high tide this afternoon. Dry line. Caught all fish in less than 5 feet of water. Lots if parallel casts to shore as well as straight out. Leland taught me how to tie and fish the popper. He gets a lot of credit. I still have the original popper he gave me. It's never fished and kept as my master copy. Here's another from today and one my son got on a spoon View attachment 25251 View attachment 25251 image.jpg image.jpg
  8. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Ratings: +757 / 0
    Awesome you got your little guy out, that's what it's all about.

Dan
  9. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +914 / 1
    Awfully nice fish Jeff!

Leland.
  10. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Thank you Leland. If you are ever on this side and want to fish call me. Hale
    miyawaki likes this.
  11. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +379 / 0
    Nice report Jeff. I especially liked the picture of your boy and the fish!! :)
    Man, no matter what, I'm getting out there this week!!
  12. Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +35 / 0
  13. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Thanks for the pics and report, Jeff. Good stuff. I also have one of Leland's poppers that I plan to save for a master copy, although I might just break down and fish it if I haven't gotten around to tying up any before I hit a beach.
  14. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    DON'T DO IT!! Keep the original. I'm selling mine for 1.2 million when Leland becomes CEO of Orvis and then personal Gillie for the President.