A whole lot o' nuthin

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Paul Norton, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I was on vacation this week, and spent a couple hours each morning fishing.

Monday: Carkeek. What was I thinking that I chose to fish there? By 9:30 there were too many people to be able to cast.

Tuesday: MA9. Beach. Lovely day, no fish.

Wednesday: MA9 Beach again. Lovely day. Watched 2 guys havin' a great time catching humpys. I caught nothing. One of the guys brought in a fish that had a lure and flasher still attached. It was a bit beat up. Between the two of them they walked away with 5 fish.

Thursday: MA9. got to the parking lot, saw the wind in the trees, talked to a guy who had trouble with the wind (fishing with a spinning set up) and decided to go explore a little instead. Ended up in MA8. Windy day, no fish. Nearly lost my hat to the wind.

Friday: MA9. Beatiful day. No fish. Was there from about 8:15 - 9:30 Chatted with a couple of guys on the way out, seems nobody was having any luck. Did feel like I was leaving early, tide seemed to be really starting to move.

So, no fish, but hey, I fished 5 days this week, and that rocks. I think my casting is getting a little better. (Those clousers give me a hard time though.)

Paul
  2. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    Excellent report, Paul. You mirrored my recent outings. I like your attitude about the whole experience. It ain't about catching the fish.
  3. Ron Crawford ===

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I know the feeling. Fished 6 hours today ...... Not even a bullhead to show for it.
  4. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Damn, I must really be doing something wrong. :D
  5. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +97 / 0
    i fished hard for three hours on a good area 13 tide
    saw some fat chinook proposing
    nothing but sculpin
  6. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +240 / 0
    Did they propose that you not stick them with hooks if they offer up some pinks as a sacrifice?

Or did they get down on one pectoral fin and cough up some bling? :rofl:
  7. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +97 / 0
    i was left at the altar
    or is it alter
    or later