A winter break to Christmas Island

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by muknuk, Feb 27, 2014.

1. muknuk Member

King Salmon, Alaska, USA.
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    P1120288.JPG Even though I spent 30 years battling the Alaskan winters I now find myself struggling with Washington's winters. After cashing in some Alaska Air miles I was looking for a warm place that is affordable and offers good fishing. Christmas Island fits those criteria perfectly. Great accommodations, good food, culturally inspiring, 1/1 guides and fishing for 7 days all for the cost of hiring a guide for 2 days on the Kispiox River. Bones and Giant Trevally are what is most commonly found on the flats . With my Helio 8 and 12 wt and my ninja outfit I am ready to warm my soul and experience a new world. Fishing was good to excellent for the time I was there. Bones to 8lbs and Giant Trevally to 60 lbs. If your club would like a full presentation don't hesitate to contact me. P1090147.jpg P1090153.JPG P1100188.jpg P1130335.JPG photo.JPG
    Jeff Sawyer, McNasty, Grayone and 8 others like this.
  2. royalcoach Active Member

White Mountains NH/Maine
    Ratings: +107 / 0
    Simply awesome !
  3. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Ratings: +127 / 0
    Did you see any whale sharks?
  4. Kenneth Yong Member

Rome, Italy
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    I lived 3 glorious, fish-filled years in Micronesia. The first question in the morning was, "Should I go fishing now, or after breakfast?" Thanks for the memories.

Kenneth
    muknuk likes this.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,682 / 0
    I hate you :p
    muknuk and Grayone like this.
  6. funfisher Fish On!

Suquamish, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 1
    30 winters in Alaska (King Salmon?), you earned every minute of this trip. Good on ya!!!
    muknuk likes this.
  7. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    Very awesome.
    muknuk likes this.
  8. chief Active Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +130 / 1
    Nice! I love that place.
    muknuk likes this.