Access at Pass Lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jbrew1422, May 4, 2009.

1. jbrew1422 New Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've never been to Pass Lake and I'm wondering where would be the best place to go for a wader/shore fisher? Or is it even possible without a tube? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. filson Steve Wilson

everett, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    It is definately best if you have a float tube, there just aren't many places that allow a backcast for bank fisherman. I will say this.. I have seen some monsters caught by people fishing from the parking lot, and regularly see large fish cruising the shallows near there. I would not hesitate to cast and strip a minnow pattern from the launch.

Good luck
  3. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    I haven't been there for a long time but it seems to me that there aren't any places to fish from the shore except the parking lot. I have caught fish from a concrete abuttment there but that was probably fifteen years ago. There is a small area at the west end of the lake also but not much room. Better to borrow a tube or pontoon boat if you don't have one.
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +200 / 0
    Only places, besides the parking lot, are very limited along the road - right along the road. You just might hook up with a 50 MPH vehicle on the back cast.....

MB
  5. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +259 / 0
    Seen that more than once. Plenty of ding dongs around who will try just about anything. Not as dumb as placing your tube/toon up against the shoreline to troll for fish you just ran over in 2 feet of water...but it runs a close second. :hmmm:
  6. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +442 / 1
    just watch your backcast and save it for early morning or at night. but the new roadside pillars make perfect platforms so long as you are not an idiot.

bring good glasses and look more than you cast. you'll be surprised.
  7. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +259 / 0
    Sean, when you night fish for those monster browns do you even bother with a tube or do you just run up and down the guardrail casting from the pillars? It's all starting to make sense now... :hmmm::eek::rofl:
  8. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +442 / 1
    i would never do such a thing!
  9. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    on some ninja shit!