Accessorize with hair flies!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Brad Niemeyer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Brad Niemeyer

Brad Niemeyer Old School Member

Media:
    Home Page:
  2. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I give it another month at the most, a couple weeks ago I was at my tying desk and my girlfriend said the stuff I was using looks just like the stuff girls wear in their hair. She poked around in my tying box for a few minutes commenting on what was pretty or not then turned to leave. I told her to make sure she washed her hands before she went into the house. She asked why...

Once I explained where the feathers came from she was horrified. She(and I am sure a lot of the women running around with them in their hair) thought they were synthetic. The more articles that point out they come from birds that die in the process the sooner this will be over with.

KC

3. mrpunkin

mrpunkin Bryan Corey

I agree... with all the animal-rights extremists out there, there is no way this is getting further into the mainstream with celebs and such for long, and thus the trend will probably die out even faster than others tend to.

4. Matthew Kaphan

Matthew Kaphan Active Member

Media:
    Crazy timing. I just left Puget Sound Fly Fishers and was wondering what the girl in there was looking through all the capes for. Now it makes sense.

M

5. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Media:
    Home Page: