Achilles Fly Fishing Raft - Dirft Boat - $3900

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Shawn Seeger, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

Burien, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
  2. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2
    My Super Puma for $3400 has it beat.:thumb:
  3. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    you boat does without a question, but thats about a grand in trailer under that old bucket boat. all i though when i saw that photo was "old school."
  4. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    except PT's isn't bright red! definitely a plus (at least for me).
  5. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Utility trailer from Harbor Freight could be as little as $199. Throw in another $50 for some plywood and fasteners and you have a $250 raft trailer.:thumb:

Ya, and it's not bright red!
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    I love aire boats, so don't get me wrong here. Had a few, and were my first "new" boats when I was in my teens. Can't compare the two, different boats all together. THat's one helluva setup. Achilles aren't bad, but for same price I'd by the Achilles every time. That's not a bucket boat, it looks like their RV series, which is a SB. It all looks pretty new, I'd say there is at least $7k minimum invested here (that's a raft trailer, they ARE NOT cheap). That achilles is an awesome setup for someone who's rowing all day and having their passengers fishing. If I had the $$$ right now, I'd buy it. Been thinking of buying a raft just for flyfishing (cats run too fast when I want to backtroll a slot), especially for summer fishing. Be interesting to find out when he/she bought it. If it's only a couple years old, it's a SB for sure, since they only made the Red in the RV series, which is a SB I do believe. I don't whitewater as much anymore, but I'm still on all the mailing lists for the manufactures, so drool over what's new. LOL
  7. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Achilles are nice boats and pretty much bulletproof. A bit too much like rowing a barge though.
  8. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Yeah, they are sluggish, but it's the design. That's a more stable boat, which makes it better for fishing IMHO. Have had several, and my buddies old Maravia (which I wish I had bought from him) was one of the best rafts I've ever rowed, and was so stable wasn't funny (and we were fishing from it with just a standard rowing frame, no fishing frame).
  9. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    Hey now lets not get personal here !!:p:p