ACK! I've got GAS...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Josh, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
    7'6" is a nice small stream rod with a slightly faster action. A nice casting and nice presentation rod. 8'6" is a little bit noodly but good for a lake or for high-stick nymphing.
  2. greenwater Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    I just bought the 8'6" 5wt CT to go along with my 7'6" 3wt 4pc and my 9' 5wt 6pc because the 6pc takes 150% of the time to put together relative to the 4pc by my estimates.

At least I have a good selection of rod lengths now...right? :confused:
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    You all need to move to a State that has open water all year around. Like I did. I can fish all year around. I have several different places to fish and there are fish to catch. Granted they ain't Steelhead. But they are just as much fun to catch. I'd rather catch fish all day(Trout)than fish all day and not catch anything(Steelhead).

But I have paired my gear down to what I use. If I don't use it it is gone or stuck out of sight, or buried in a corner some place.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  4. Derek Day Rockyday

Olympia
    Ratings: +146 / 0
    [quote="Old Man, post: 768868, member: 492] But I have paired my gear down to what I use.[/quote]

Please don't tell my girlfriend that this is an option.
    Josh Smestad likes this.
  5. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    You're fools for hand-wringing between 7'6" and 8'6". Obviously, you should own both. You'll need an 8'0" version as well. Also 7'0" and 6'6". And those are just the 3wts.
    Nooksack Mac likes this.
  6. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    Interesting thread to say the least. I recently divested myself of fifteen rods and twelve reels. That's not to say that I no longer have equipment to fish with. I just replaced them with two rods and two reels that I know I will use regularly. I sent them most all off to Angler's Habitat in Idaho for "store credit" and promptly spent it on the really primo new stuff. I felt bad because I sent away some nice equipment that I had had for years. Some I lost money on but for the most part, I made a little on each piece. I love the new stuff.

Now...what to do with the drawer full of different fly lines and the twenty-five or so boxes of flies, like the two boxes of Bone Fishflies, the bag of poppers, etc. I have never used them but hope to, someday. Yesterday I began tying for a trip this summer.

Hmmmmmmmm. I'm still a gear whore, admittedly, but now I try to resist as much as possible, at least until I find a really great deal on something else I don't need.:)
  7. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Amen!

K
  8. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +496 / 2
    Well one way to stop GAS is for the sale to end and the coupons to mysteriously not work any more. Then it just turns into a "deal I missed out on" rather than "bought stuff I dont need".

That's okay, I've got a plan for an ultra light spey I want to try out....
  9. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    Hey!!! Women have their shoes...we have our GAS!
  10. Codioos Active Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Haha, just broke my combo in last night on some redbands!
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    Tried and proven remedy...
    cutting cc.jpg
    Steve Call likes this.