ad slowdown

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Rob Ast, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

I am getting slowdowns again when the page is trying to load ads from g.adspeed.net Running the latest version of firefox on a mac running snow leopard if it matters. Anyone else with similar issues?

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

You have a Mac and you have not let me check it out? I take back all the cool stuff I've said about you.
    I'm running a lame old Dell Inspiron 6000 circa 2005 vintage with IE8 at home and it is blistering fast. Today must be a good day!

3. veilside180sx

veilside180sx Member

Haven't had any issues on any of my comps the last few days. (Mac Mini, Macbook, or Compaq Vista w/ Safari on all)

4. lx-88

lx-88 Member

Rob, I haven't noticed anything but it may be cool to profile the site to see where the slowdown really is. Try this:http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/

It will show you which files / sites are slowing this down the most and where bottlenecks exist. May help narrow down the problem.

5. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Same shit here.
    Running firefox on XP.

6. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

WTF!!! Really bad tonight.

7. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

I'm noticing a lot of lagging as well. Firefox 3.5.7 and Win 7.

8. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

When I load it in Firefox of IE(eeeeew), it loads pretty slowly. Google Chrome loads it almost instantly.

9. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Slow on my MAC, but I'm used to it under performing on the internet and thought it was just a MAC thing...

10. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Ditto to all the above. Sometimes I just back out and try later, but it is really annoying.

LB

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

12. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Okay, the load time is getting ridiculous. I have to hit the back button and try it at least twice for it to load properly. And I'm doing this for just about every click I make.

13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

I still have no problems unless I open the page in Firefox

14. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

If it is Firefox that is the problem, it's the first one I've come across.

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

I've never had any real "problems" with Firefox other than it being painfully slow compared to Chrome on just about any page. I don't consider IE an option anymore. I just keep as many browsers installed that I can to test out sites I'm building and whatnot.