Advanced Fly Tying Class

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by P.Dieter, Feb 18, 2011.

1. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    Northwest Fly Anglers Offering Tying Classes

The five-session NFA Advanced Fly Tying Class will be held from 7:00 to 9:00 PM on Thursdays, beginning March 3rd and running through April 7th. There will be no class on March 17th. The classes will be held in the Faculty Lounge at Ingraham High School and are open to NFA members and the general public. The classes cost $50 and covers room rental and all the fly tying materials used in the class. The five sessions will be taught by David Williams, Scott McCracken, James Schmidt, Paul Dieter, and Stuart Lane, in that order.

The class will be limited to 12 students and will be advertised to the public beginning in February.

to register contact Tim Schindele, tjschindele@Comcast.net .

2. Chef

Chef New Member

do you know what they will cover as far as flies and techniques?

3. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm sorry I could have been a little more informative. It was just a cut and paste from our newsletter.

I don't know what each instructor will cover. It usually is more of a genera thing then a technique. But it varies. I've got an email it to the coordinator to find out. Personally I will be teaching a class on poppers. Balsa and prefab foam. How to turn your own balsa, prep, paint, tie, epoxy coat. I will have several poppers in various stages ready for each participant to complete the next step and then they can take them all home and finish them. (it's the only way I could figure out to condense the process into one class).

Something like this

[​IMG]