Advanced Indicator Rig Instructional Video

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Jason Cotta, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +408 / 0
    The same way you would rig some chicken liver on a circle hook with a fifty pound test leader and a full three ounces of lead on the leader.
    I love to chunky dunk.
  2. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    nice fly...

but if you read my post i was simply explaining why leaded line and split shot were different using a corky/foam as an example. the body of your fly could have been tied with a small bead and it still wouldn't make side drifting beads fly fishing.

i'm glad that fly size (chickens) is now something that defines whether one is fly fishing. sucks for the lingcod, pike, and musky fly guys.

but you're just a heathen that doesn't fish her dries dead-drift ;)

side drifting with a fly rod can be a fun way to fish, but it cannot be fly fishing!
  3. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,174 / 0
    Oh, but there you are wrong, sir, as my skating technique is as unconventional as my fly. I am a heathen who dead drifts into a skate and often picks them up on the dead drift. :)
  4. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,747 / 0
    I could cast it with a gear rod also but I would do so with about 40 feet of flyline outside the tip just as you would do it with a fly rod. What I want to know is can you cast the setup with a bait caster in the way you would normally cast with a bait caster with about 3 or 4 feet of the tippet outside the tip and my guess is you could not.
  5. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    In the closing of this thread, I'd like to say "Thank You", to all that contributed.

I was going to watch Netflix, but this was way more fun!

Just so we're clear though... I can tie a stinger hook onto an orange Thingamabobber, swing it with T-14, and I'm still fly fishing right?

or was it T-8....
  6. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA

I don't know what T-14 is, or even T-8. Some kind of explosive plastic? I do know what a Thingamabobber is however. I have one on my key chain. I use it when my thingama is bobbing in the water.
  7. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    You are welcome, and hell yes you are still fly fishing!
  8. Slate Run Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +33 / 3
    "Say good night, Gracie"

"Good night Gracie."

(60's humor)
  9. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2
    No he's not. Not even close. Apparently some of you haven't learned a thing with all this education you've received in this thread.
    Derek Young and Irafly like this.
  10. sopflyfisher Active Member

Where the fish are located
    Ratings: +429 / 0
    you guys remember that sweet band, THE PRETENDERS. they nymph for steelhead too
  11. dragonslayer New Member

Ratings: +6 / 0
    So let me get this straight, its all flyfishing but buck fluffing is the moped of flyfishing where sinktipping is like riding a chopper?

And howdy all, longtime lurker, first time poster!
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  12. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Who would do that?

Apparently, Freestone would.
  13. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2