Affordable switch rods...

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jordan Simpson, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +45 / 1
    Thanks SF, that is a great offer, but I am already looking at a Redington CPX. I hope you can find someone to buy that- I would if I had some extra cash for sure!

My next step is a reel and line. I'm having the most difficult on line selection!
  2. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    I've also owned the 11'3" 7wt CPX that you're looking at. I would say that for the money it is a great rod. And if you can find a used one it's an even better value. As far as reels and lines I used a Lamson Velocity 3.5 and Ambush on mine. I think that's a setup that would work very well for you. :thumb:
  3. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Its almost like we're the same person! Im probably getting the Lamson Konic, size 4 I think. Im slowly putting the outfit together as money allows.
  4. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    How do you know we're not the same person posting under two different user names just to mess with everyone else??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah I really dig the Lamson reels. I like the fact that the drag system is consistent throughout the line. So a guy can buy a reel with a bombproof drag and save a few bucks by giving up the fit and finish. As time's gone on I've gradually worked my way down from the Lightspeed to the Velocity to the Guru and even a few Konics. Just can't justify spending the extra $.
  5. Switch MT New Member

Billings MT
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    The Echo SR is what I have. I still have not fished mine yet but my friend has the same rod. It balances great with a Konic and casts like a dream. We use them mostly for spey casting but it can single and double hand over head cast a country mile. And that is with a line that is not meant for over head casting. It is just a few bucks cheaper than the CPX but a very nice rod.
  6. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Yeah, I've already 'purchased' the CPX, but with this awesome postal strike, it can't get delivered to me.