Agate Pass Fishing Report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dave Westburg, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Spent the past two evenings working the West Shore of Agate Pass under the bridge. Caught four sea-runs of 12-16 inches on Chartreuse Clowser minnows (2), a small herring pattern (1) and a small olive shrimp pattern (1). There were a few salmon rolling but I couldn't bring them to the fly. If you go treat the sea-runs gently and keep your eyes pealed for the ospreys. A family of three roosts in one of the Douglas firs in Suquamish.
  2. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Thanks for the report, and congrats on what sounds like some fun fishing.

Rob
  3. Randy Knapp Active Member

Warm Springs, Virginia, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The other side of the bridge works also as does Old Man Park on the West side. Great fun.

Randy
  4. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    I thought I saw a bank fly fisherman on the East side of the bridge catch at least one fish on Saturday evening. I like to fish from the West Side in order to be in the shadows.
  5. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I drove over the bridge Saturday at 6;30 am and saw some one with a fish on. Good for you. Is the bank under the bridge leading to the beach still difficult to get across? or did Troy at NWAnlger get his crew out and cut some steps in it this year?

I'm sure I'll see you there.

Jim
  6. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Am not sure about the bank access because I row down from Suquamish in an 8 foot pram. If you are fishing from the shore spend some time abound the deadfalls in just south of the bridge.