AIRE Tributary 14.0

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by wyoming22, Aug 22, 2008.

1. wyoming22 New Member

pinedale, wyoming
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am looking at buying a Aire Tributary 14.0 Raft with an outcast fishing frame on it. I was hoping that someone may be able to enlighten me on these rafts. How do they compare to the Puma (as far as lasting). I understand that the Puma Series is a strong build boat, however, how does the Tribs compare. Also, does anyone fish out of one? How do they track and move on the water?
  2. Ray Member

Post Falls, ID
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    I think the quality of construction is excellent for both boats. The main difference is the Puma has a ton more rocker, making it a bit splashier on whitewater and much better for surfing. The narrower Puma tracks better, but the Trib is roomier and has more frame options. I also think the Trib rides a bit higher, although it's hard to notice a difference. You can't go wrong with either.
  3. wyoming22 New Member

pinedale, wyoming
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info! Do you know how well or how long the usually last, if keep inside during the winter and used between 10-20 times a year? someone told me that the puma series rafts should last well over 10 years, but the tribs may only last 5-7 years?
  4. shawn k Member

buckets worldwide
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Both of those boats will last you a lot longer than their warranties. You just need to store them as the manufactures reccomends. I have seen some 15 year old aire boats
    that hold air just like they were brand new. The great thing about air boats is you can replace the bladder coveror bladder when they wears out and not be out the cost of a new boat.