Airflo Delta Multi Spey line

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Flyjunky, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Flyjunky New Member

Bend, OR
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have an Airlfo Delta multi-tip for sale. The line is a 7/8 and has only been test cast using only the floating line. Make me an offer.
  2. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Flyjunky,
    Your line has 15 foot tips, correct? Also, do you know if there are disadvantages to fishing a "Spey" line on a single-hand rod? Or is the line just longer?

Thank you,
    Jeff
  3. Flyjunky New Member

Bend, OR
    Jeff,
    The tips are 15' long. The differences between a spey and single hand line are basically weight and length. Just for reference: Rio single handed steelhead line in an 7 weight has a head length of 58.8' and weight of 354grains. The same line in a 8wt has a head length of 63' and weight of 425 grains. Now the line I have has a head length of 52' and weights of 525 grains. So, the head of the spey line is a little shorter but it's also heavier. I don't know what rod you plan on putting it on but it would essentially be like overlining your rod by a line weight. I hope this helps.
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    FJ:
    Thanks for answering my questions - as you pointed out, it's a bit to much line for the rod I intend to use with. Thank you for the honest advice.

Jeff
  5. fishng1 New Member

Oakland, Oregon
    Hey FlyJunky,

I'm building a 7/8 weight spey right now. I'll give you $35.00 plus the cost of shipping for your spey line. Do you use PAYPAl?
    Fishng1
  6. fishng1 New Member

Oakland, Oregon
    I'm still waiting to hear from you FlyJunky. Are you out there? :) I'll give you until March 8 and then I'll have to move on and look around.
    Thank you.
  7. Flyjunky New Member

Bend, OR
    Fishng1.....check your pm's.
  8. fishng1 New Member

Oakland, Oregon
    Got it. I left a reply on your PM.:)