AK trip booked, I owe an overdue thanks.....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mike Ediger, May 17, 2005.

1. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Media:
    Well the trip is booked. I want to thank (although this is a few weeks overdue) everyone who responded to my call for help as I waded through all the AK guides and lodges, trying to figure out what is legit, a good value, and just how to plan the trip. I called many of the places that were suggested, and most were probably great advice.
    In the end I decided to go with a small outfit in Kodiak. We will be staying at a private camp, fishing until our arms fall off, bear watching and photographing when we need a break (as the guide is a master bear guide as well), and everything is included and taken care of. This will really be a trip of a lifetime for my dad, brother-in-law, and myself, as we have never been on a big trip before. My dad has had romantic dreams of fishing wild AK for his entire life, and since he is mid 60s I decided it was now or never. Photography is a big hobby of his as well, so the chance to have a guide take us out and photograph wild grizzlies was another big draw for him.
    I am really looking forward to the trip in Aug 06, I didn't sleep for about 3 nights after I booked the trip and it was still 16 months away.
    Anyway, a sincere thanks to all who replied with such detailed advice and suggestions. I will be sure to submit a report with many pictures when I return.
    Jeff (kodiaksalmon), I am still interested in getting some flies and talking more with you about what to expect as we get closer. Thanks for the offer.
    Thanks again to everyone,
    Mike

2. Jim Jones

Jim Jones flytosser

Media:
    Fantastic! You will have a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it when you return.

Jim

3. OPfisher

OPfisher I

bring us back some stories & pics! Have fun!!!!