Ala Spit - N. Whidbey

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by marlin2, Sep 18, 2011.

1. marlin2

marlin2 New Member

For all of you that like to fish Ala Spit on the north end of Whidbey, access to the spit and the parking lot will be closed thru most of Oct. starting tomorrow 9/19/11. Exact ending dates are not yet available. An extensive beach clean-up and renovation for fish habitat will be in progress by a contractor for Island Co. Public Works. Wanted to let everyone know to save any inconvenience and a possible long drive.

2. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Media:
    Thanks for posting!

3. vanvgj1

vanvgj1 Yak fisher

Media:
    Yes, indeed, thanks - I do launch there and would never have known... I was there last week and didn't see any signs posted about it.
    Yak Fisher.

4. fishwater

fishwater Human Being...a work in progress

There yesterday, and did not notice any signage to this effect. Thanks for the posting, and you might let the project sponsors know of the ineffective notification.

5. marlin2

marlin2 New Member

Posting for public information was done earlier this summer, of course before the humpy run started, so most of the input came from local residents. They did hold two public meetings, but I'm not sure of the attendance or how well it was publisized. The project was delayed until after the main run of fish as a result of these meetings

6. marlin2

marlin2 New Member

Ala Spit is now open and has been for the last two weeks or so. Would have posted sooner but was in E. Wa deer hunting.