Alagnak River Fly Fishing Float Trip

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by richard f lange, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Five of us from Boeing are floating and fly fishing the Alagnak River out of King Salmon, AK, from June 17-25. We have two 16 ft cat rafts, and need one more person to join us. Approximate cost is $1000 plus airfare into and back from King Salmon and your home town. If interested, please contact Dick Lange immediately at 425 481-3063

2. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

hey Richard/Dick,

That sounds awesome and I wish I could join you. My buddies and I have looked into doing something like that and I was wondering if you can email me your cost break down and the contact information of who you booked the trip through for I would love to do that in August if possible.

Have a great trip and keep and eye out for da bears!

Mike

email: mikec@gofirstrate.com

3. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Great time to be up there! I will be there on the 28th. Last year, I caught my biggest rainbow of the summer on June 25th on the lower Alagnak.

4. Fishman

Fishman Member

Was that the one you caught off the dock using chum.LOL
    Smed

5. flygolf

flygolf Member

I did a trip on the Alagnak two years ago with Alaskan Rainbow adventures we started out of Kukaklek and spent a week on the river. Best experience, I paid much, much more than $1000 wish I had the time I would jump on that.

6. john wells

john wells New Member

don't rush through the upper sections "THE BRAIDS" I am vivid green with envy

7. Steve Buckner

Steve Buckner Mother Nature's Son

I'm heading back to the Alagnak to guide in about 10 days, can't wait to get back up there.

Anyway, thought I'd post this link about the rainbow fishing, there's some great info there:
    http://www.absc.usgs.gov/research/Fisheries/Alagnak/population.htm

Are you guys using Branch River air? Might even see you guys on the water, I've got a few guided rainbow trips below the lakes on the 26th-30th...Righteous!!! :cool:

8. Curtis King

Curtis King Fish Magnet

bawling: Damn,
    I will be there the following week, but my fly out trip is on the Nushagak. Please post your results when you get back. Maybe next year we could hook up.

PS: What division of Boeing are you guys in? Our company is a prime supplier and we could really chat it up.

:beer2:

9. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately, I head for family vacation on the 24th. Timing is off or I'd be on the phone with you right now.

Steve A

10. seattlecurler

seattlecurler Member

Saw this on the internal classified ads today and I figured that if someone was put off by the flight cost, here was a potentially cheaper option

Alaska Airlines Round Trip Ticket $300: One Alaska Airlines Round Trip Ticket (direct flight) to any destination that Alaska Air flies to including Alaska, and Mexico. Travel must be completed by July 27th 2006. Email nabilee@hotmail.com for more detail.