Alaska Steelhead!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Dan Reynolds, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Just got back from 4 days in SE Alaska. This was a "learning process" but we each managed to land 7-10 and lost pleanty...

Steelhead were "thick as thieves" but you had to work for it to get them to take.

We'll be back again!

Attached Files:

2. Bill Reed

Bill Reed New Member

Looks like you done good. Great pics!:thumb: :thumb:

3. metalhead

metalhead New Member

So, how was the Situk River these days?Is there still alot of snow in Yakutat?

4. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

tough walking along the trail....knee high in most spots. Temps were nice... not as wet as I anticipated.

5. Angler 77

Angler 77 AKA Scott Jones

So it looks like the trip was well worth it. How many times do you think you'll head up there this year? I can't believe you can work out such a sweet deal to get up there.

I've gotten out in the float tube a couple of more times since I bought it from you and she's helped me catch quite a few nice Eastside trout.

Thanks Dan, great pic's.

6. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Believe it or not I think I'll make it up North 8 or 10 times this year if all goes as planned. I guess it's one of those "highlights" of a boring job with the airlines.....I only wish I would have started there when I was 18 and single...

I guess we are all given a few perks in our life and I need to take advantage of this one while it's there.

We'll be doing a few trips to the Russian River for the Reds...still perfecting the smoking but everyone keeps asking "any more smoked salmon??: :clown:

FYI to the board....we will be hiring another position very soon for a Help Desk person if anyone is looking and has "some" computer experience, also a Tech position at SEATAC (supports all AS/QX computers at SEATAC). If anyone is interested give me a call.

Dan
    206-851-5969

7. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Nice fish Dan!

8. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

must go steelhead fishing...