Allen Fly Fishing - Fly Lines

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by AllenFlyFishing, May 12, 2010.

1. AllenFlyFishing Allen Fly Fishing

Michigan, Washington, Texas
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Hello,

Updated 5/25

Hi Everyone, I have a new color for my WFF lines. This is a 2 colored line. The fist 15' (Taper section) is another color than the running line. They are $12.50 each. If interested, please send me a PM

[IMG]

----------

There has been some growing interest on my lines so I wanted to have its own thread. So I can post my stock and upcoming lines that I will be having. To view the photos (colors) and specs of the lines. Please visit my Fly Line page on my website

5/12/2010
    Current Stock - All lines are $9.50 on the board. All lines also have a welded loop.

WFF - WHITE #3, #4, #5, #6, # 8
    WFF - GREEN #3, #4, #5, #6, #8
    WFF - YELLOW #3, #4, #5, #6, #8

WFS - BROWN #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

WFI - DARK GREEN #3, #4, #5, #6, #8

If interested, please PM me.

Thanks

Justin
  2. Nor-tah Member

PHX, AZ
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Recently purchased a line from Allen for my Sage VT2. Line is more than I expected (I use RIO lines and PAY FOR THEM) Floats high, slick on the guides, loop connection is great. I just placed an order for three more today as well as a magnetic net release. I'm replacing a RIO Grande on my 5wt. These are great. Cant wait to get the new ones. Cant go wrong with anything from Allen. Justin is great to work with.
  3. trout bum Member

I would like to hear more reports on these lines before I purchase. Floating.....Intermediate?

Anyone????
  4. ibookje Member

Netherlands
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Sounds great indeed.
    However do the lines stay slick during the day of fishing?
    Can't believe the prices of lines these days. $60+!!!
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Justin's lines are like ten bucks each. Why not buy a few and let us know? I know where I'll be getting my lines from as mine need replacing.
  6. Michael Nelson Old And In The Way

San Francisco, CA, USA
    I have a WFF 6wt on the way with the rod and reel I ordered from Justin. I will give a report when I get a chance to cast it.
  7. Mark Speer It's all good.....

Clarkston,WA
    Exactly, I picked up a sinking line, haven't used one before and for $10 you can't go wrong!
  8. santiamflyguy Member

eugene, OR
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    As someone who's bought $10 lines before (not from Allen), you most definitely CAN go wrong...

Having said that, I just ordered one for my seldom-used 8wt so we'll see how they are.
  9. AllenFlyFishing Allen Fly Fishing

Michigan, Washington, Texas
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Hi Everyone,

The purpose of the $9.50 is to get my general purpose WF and DT lines on the market and to get my name out there to those that are in the market for a line. I don't want to confuse these lines as something that is "Cheap". On my website they are listed at $14.50 and that is still to low. I raised my pricing from $9.50 to $14.50 on my site and started selling more. I will soon be placing the lines in the mid or high $20's soon. I'm not worried to much about the short term length of my business. I care more about what's happening 1, 2, or 5 years from now. My lines have been discussed on njflyfishing.com and FAOL and have received a very positive response.

Thanks

Justin
  10. Mark Speer It's all good.....

Clarkston,WA
    "can't go wrong" = I have purchased several items from "Allen Fly Fishing" and have received some good quality products, and have no doubt the fly line will be no different.
  11. OHJoe New Member

Cincinnati OH
    I would like to chime in on the lines. I have been using them for almost 2 months now and could not be more pleased. I have had MANY conversations with Justin on the phone and via email. I truly believe he is doing a great service by not gouging on everything and the lines are no exception. I do not have tons of experience with the exotic lines and was a big user of the Cortland 333 and 444 series and can say I really cant tell the difference in the quality. Cannot give a fair comparison to the super exotics as I do not buy them. They also work very well on the Alpha reels justin sells :thumb: (the drag is soooo smooth) I have caught about 400 fish since starting to use them and cannot see any wear and tear yet and they cast very well ( I use primarily 6wff) As a matter of fact I am ordering some more tonight or tomorrow as I have been waiting for them to come back in stock in my weight. I look often to see what new items Justin is coming up with. I have his fly rod too and thinks its a bargain as well....My next rod will be from his offerings too.

Just my opinion, Joe
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I just ordered a handful of his lines without reservation!
  13. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I ordered some lines a few days ago, looking forward to checking them out!
  14. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +644 / 0
    HTML:
    I just ordered a handful of his lines without reservation! 
    As did I . . . purchased several Alpha reels . . . delightful. I've paid far more for far less and without the congenial, excellent service. Hell, if Justin lived out here, I'd even tell him what rock I was standing on . . .
  15. Nor-tah Member

PHX, AZ
    Got my lines today. I am doing a trip tomorrow and he sent them Priority Mail. Got here super fast and he had added a net release to my package!! I've fished the WF8F line some and love it. I'll report back on the intermediate line on Sunday! Couldnt be happier.
  16. Northlake27 Member

Twisp wa, us.
    I purchased a floating and a sinking not long ago and I gotta say they exceeded my expectations. I was expecting So-So lines but these are top quality. The sinking has brought many fish to hand so far and the floater is just waiting for the river to open. I also have one of their reels coming and I'm expecting top quality from the reports I've read.
  17. Nor-tah Member

PHX, AZ
    Floating worked great in really cold high country water yesterday!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The Alpha reel is great too. Nothing but good things to say from someone who fishes hard.
  18. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +644 / 0
    Received my line order today . . . very quick delivery and nice touch, Justen!

Nice fish & gorgeous country, NorTah . . . reminds me of a lake back home (which I'll see in July, unless of course I decide to dislocate my shoulder again on The 4th this year for the third time <praying, lighting votive candles, and crossing all of my fingers after I typed this>.
  19. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    Got my new lines Friday. They look and feel every bit as nice as lines costing 6x as much. Got a chance to cast the 5wt floater this morning and it is very smooth. Thanks for the good service, quick responses and fast shipping. I'll be ordering more when I get more spools to put them on! -Josh
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    My box full of goodies arrived today. Lines, slotted foam boxes, ripple foam boxes and center leaf boxes. Each is fabulous on first inspection and of course only time will tell, but these things all look very high quality. No disappointment here and I'll gladly report how the lines cast and handle. Awesome stuff Justin, fast shipping. I remain a happy customer of yours.