Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

50K views 308 replies 102 participants last post by  AllenFlyFishing 
#1 ·
Allen Fly Fishing - Trout Sereis New Design 5/7

Hi Everyone,

I just received my Alpha reels today in the new design. I'm very happy with them and the weight of the reels. They look much better in person than on a 3D print that I posted to release them. The new weights are as followed

5/6 - 4.93oz
7/8 - 5.37oz
9/10 - 6.10oz

Here are some photos that I just took. I will be getting better photos in the future.

The prices for the 5/6 and 7/8 for the forum is $60 and the 9/10 is $70.

Please contact me if interested.

Thanks

Justin

See less See more
#180 ·
Wow this Jed guy just doesn't give up! You guy's don't even know half of what Justin has done for me. Justin had donated everything from floating lines to several reels to my fly fishing group that I run for the high at risk kids here in Vancouver Wa. That's right I said Vancouver Washington. Justin is from Michigan, he doesn't have to donate anything but he does it. I've bought everything from reels to switch rods and have spoken and e-mailed Justin many many times and have bragged up his equipment every where I go. Try this rant at you're local fly shop, if it's anything like mine I would be told to take my business else where very swiftly and straight to the point. Justin would never tell you to do so but I think you'll find most everyone here would take great pleasure in telling you to get the fuck out of here and don't come back! you're welcome Justin

#181 ·
+1 Justin's a stand up guy. He's been busy with getting married and wedding prep, so has had life to deal with and may have had less than perfect situations arise with shipping, communication, etc. But I know he's not about to screw anyone over. If he thinks he even slightly inconvenienced someone, he always does ten times more than he should to make up for it.

He has a new saltwater reel he's working on, and sent me one in an 8wt size to try in Cabo at no charge. The reel held up perfectly against numerous relentless skipjack that sent the thing screaming. Can't say that about many reels that are in its price range.

#182 ·
Justin, other respected members of the forum and lurkers that don't deserve to see this, I am sorry.

Jed, you are a flipping douche foolery wing nut with ego issues, unacceptable social skills and horribly misplaced sense of self worth. Today is twenty days after you placed your order. Normally receiving your goods in that amount of time should be acceptable, but apparently not in your I'm the center of the known universe philosophy. A number of folks have asked you to take your complaints to the source. Perhaps you should use your skilled lexicon to look up the basics of conflict resolution. Let me tip you in on step one of interpersonal conflict resolution...contact the source. Allen Fly Fishing is doing a pretty damn good job getting affordable and reliable gear into the hands of those that want and deserve it. Allen Fly Fishing is the source, his website is easy to find, he is a sponsor here. Click there and you'll get his phone number and you can dial it up on your universe centric cellular device using your holier than thou hands free apparatus and talk it out. If you don't get a resolution there then deal through your payment go between, paypal. To register here to bash someone just to prove to the world what a prick you are is hilarious. Many members here have said it in various terms. He has addressed his shipment receipt issue and told you. He then shipped the reel and you did not get it fast enough. Maybe you should take some responsibility for the situation and have ordered your reel sooner so that your unrealistic expectations could better be met. Dude, the guy even dealt with your unhappy ass right up to the day he got married for goodness sake. Nut up and apologize for dragging him into the mud on your low life level. Send his reel back because you've bitched about foolish things to leverage yourself to a free reel. Cancel your membership here and everywhere else in the Interweb world where you get immediate gratification from outing someone and doing your laundry in public. You disgust me and are not socially fit for any forum of social conversation at any level. Good bye, crawl back into your Internet cave where the world and all known things revolve around you and your woefully mis-calibrated expectations and leave the respectable people around here alone.

#184 ·
Justin, other respected members of the forum and lurkers that don't deserve to see this, I am sorry.

Jed, you are a flipping douche foolery wing nut with ego issues, unacceptable social skills and horribly misplaced sense of self worth. Today is twenty days after you placed your order. Normally receiving your goods in that amount of time should be acceptable, but apparently not in your I'm the center of the known universe philosophy. A number of folks have asked you to take your complaints to the source. Perhaps you should use your skilled lexicon to look up the basics of conflict resolution. Let me tip you in on step one of interpersonal conflict resolution...contact the source. Allen Fly Fishing is doing a pretty damn good job getting affordable and reliable gear into the hands of those that want and deserve it. Allen Fly Fishing is the source, his website is easy to find, he is a sponsor here. Click there and you'll get his phone number and you can dial it up on your universe centric cellular device using your holier than thou hands free apparatus and talk it out. If you don't get a resolution there then deal through your payment go between, paypal. To register here to bash someone just to prove to the world what a prick you are is hilarious. Many members here have said it in various terms. He has addressed his shipment receipt issue and told you. He then shipped the reel and you did not get it fast enough. Maybe you should take some responsibility for the situation and have ordered your reel sooner so that your unrealistic expectations could better be met. Dude, the guy even dealt with your unhappy ass right up to the day he got married for goodness sake. Nut up and apologize for dragging him into the mud on your low life level. Send his reel back because you've bitched about foolish things to leverage yourself to a free reel. Cancel your membership here and everywhere else in the Interweb world where you get immediate gratification from outing someone and doing your laundry in public. You disgust me and are not socially fit for any forum of social conversation at any level. Good by, crawl back into your Internet cave where the world and all known things revolve around you and your woefully mis-calibrated expectations and leave the respectable people around here alone.
You took the words right out of my mouth my friend! :thumb:

#183 ·
Justin, I just got my hands on a slightly used Alpha 9/10 and spare spool. Thank you for its production and price point. I just packed my things for a fishing trip and found that of all the items, at least a half dozen are from you. My trip will be greatly enhanced by the quality of your items and the value they bring to my gear. Thank you. Ed

#185 ·
Oddly enough I too am getting my things together for a trip that begins tomorrow. I find I'm taking four reels, two spare spools, and a couple of fly boxes all of top notch quality and all of which I paid a VERY reasonable amount of money for. Cheers Justin.

I will be fishing with a good friend who is "in the industry" as well as attending an equipment swap meet in Redding, CA. You can rest assured some new folks will (if you'll forgive the expression) get a hands on look at your equipment.

#186 ·
Ed,I knew there was a reason I liked you, you bastard, that was awesome. Nice to see that all of us will come together when we have to! Are you feelin the love Justin- you should about now. That fool probably bonks wild fish also. OK I'm done.

#187 ·
All I've gotten so far is a line but I've e-mailed and called and talk to Justin at else 5 to 6 times. I've asked him if he was thinking about a certain type of reel. It should be coming out down the road. I can't wait and hope I'm one of the first. I love his lines. I'm going back to glass rods and can't wait till he gets some. I will try one for sure. Justin keep up the great work. Don't forget you can't please everyone!!! Thanks for the great customer service!

#189 ·
I have made 2 orders from Justin for some lines, his hook files, several fly boxes, stripping basket, and both his backpack/vest and backpack/chest pack. The first order took a bit longer because he was waiting for the chespacks to come in, and the second order took quite a while because there was a goof through Paypal. Both times Justin responded immediately to my emails, and more than corrected the situation. If i was dealing with a huge company and paying huge retail prices I may have been mildly irked at the minor delay, (Which of course I would have dealt with by contacting the source), but considering that Justin is a one man show trying to get started in this business, I was not at all upset. Especially considering the amazing prices he has, some of which are even lower for WFF members. I have been more than happy with everything I have purchased from Justin, and would not hesitate to order again. In fact I'm sure I will at some point, as his lines simply can't be beat for the price. He provides a fine product at a fine price, with excellent customer service. I can't imagine opening up a boxed order from Cabelas and finding everything I ordered plus extra fly boxes, extra magnetic net releases etc..., which is exactly what I found with both of my orders from Justin. I didn't ask for anything free, I didn't incinuate that he somehow "owed" me for the slight delay in receiving my order, he just took it upon himself to throw in some goodies with my order. Customer service is fast becoming a lost art form in our society, and I for one would rather deal with the likes of Justin with his supreme customer service than a huge retailer any day.

Justin, keep up the good work. You can't please everyone, but you have most certainly pleased me. You can count on me to be a repeat customer for a long time to come.

#190 ·
I just received an order from Justin for several items. I had a couple email exchanges with Justin to confirm specs, etc. which he replied promptly. I received my shipment 3 days from ordering. Everything was better than expected. I realize every experience is different, but this was the most satisfying purchase I have had in years. My only comment is that this thread is now getting a little lengthy. Perhaps it would be better if Justin started a new thread if he has some new product offerings.

#191 ·
Hi Everyeone,

Wanted to let you know that I added a new hook to my collection. Its my version of the Tiemco #7999 Salmon Hook. I have

#2/0, #1/0, #1, #2, #8, and #10

The price is $12.00/100 pcs. They dont need to be all the same size of hooks for 100pcs. They are packed 10pcs per package. So you can mix and match if you'd like.

Thanks Everyone. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks

Justin

#192 ·
I have bought a reel and line from Justin as well and have had the same good experience as most everyone else. The prices are rock solid for the quality in my honest opinion and I have recommended them to others and will continue to do so. The reel I bought is very smooth and well made. Easily changes from right to left and looks great to boot. Thanks Justin and congratulations on the nuptials.

#195 ·
NEW #78 XL with Cork Drag

Hi Everyone,

Ok, its here. My 2nd version of the XL #78. I'm going to still do another upgrade, but not sure on the final details so I'm closing these out. I can never make my mind up :) This is what I have now if anyone is looking for a #78 wt reel for Steelhead and maybe Salmon.

PRICE: $54. Extra Spools $30

Reel Dia - 4"
Spool Width - 1.18"
Spool Depth - .650"
Drag - Cork
Color - Gunmetal
Reel Weight - 6.43oz.

I also added a Cork Drag on this reel. I was getting alot of requests for a cork drag so I make my #78 XL with a cork.

If interested, please send me a PM

Thanks

Justin

#202 ·
Ok, enough is enough...

Justin, I order an Alpha 9/10 and a spare spool and you tell me I'll have by this weekend... then I get a dam message from paypal that you have sent it out.
And to top it all off the fricken package shows up Friday afternoon in time for my weekend outing! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

What am I to think when a guy that just got married, answered emails the day after as to not piss anyone off, tells me the day before his wedding I'll get my stuff by the next weekend...and the package shows up in flipp'n time.

Well, I'll tell ya what I think.... he's a stand up guy that gets shit done...and if something is to come up with an order he goes above and beyond to make it right.

Hats off to you my friend! Now I got to get busy lineing a couple new reels!

Thanks Justin:beer2:

#206 ·
Hello Everyone,

There seems to be alot of intrest in my blanks and my new rod series that I will be releasing soon. I will soon post info here on the Blanks and my rod soon to give everyone an idea on whats going on.

Also, its been a crazy week. Got married, then 2 days later my wife took a new job so were moving to Kalamazoo, MI here soon. If I'm not able to get back to you asap. I'll do my best to send you a reply when I can. Or you can call me on my cell if you have a question at 574-855-7100.

Thanks again,

Justin

#207 ·
I got to try out the new rod and reel this past weekend, very nice. Unfortunately only got one small bluegill (user error), but I'm still learning. Fish on the Hillsborough river seemed pretty spooky, but I mostly need to improve my casting technique. Thanks for the stuff. Very high quality fly rod and the reel looks fantastic.
another Denny

#209 ·
Justin, I like the white ones. I had seen a few gents with white lines before and did not like the color then. Having used them in your series from 3wt up to 6wt I find them high floating and very easy to see. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.