Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Amber Lake Report

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Fished yesterday afternoon for about two hours. The wind was howling and I hooked 3 and got 2. Went out this morning hooked 1 and lost him. The fish was a biggun going back out tomorrow.
Used Olive Green Seal Bugger. and Black Cron. and Red Cron. along with a snowcone.
Dances

#3 ·
Thanks for the report, I will be on Amber next week in between chasing gobblers. If you see a camo watermaster on the lake between the 13th and 17th, give me a shout, I have always done well there with a copper john under a black cron. under a strike indicator set at about 4'.

Fish-on :cool:

#5 ·
Just got back from there. The fish were active, just not hitting anything I had. I did get a 17" non-triploid fish. Looked like they were mostly feeding on chironomid emergers. I'll be there tomorrow as well. Not sure if I'll be on the lake or on the bank though. Good luck!

#9 ·
PrinceNymph said:
Went out today. Kinda windy, but I caught a beutyful 16" chrome colored rainbow. Not sure if I saw you there, Dances, but I was in the red pontoon. I'll probably head out there again tomorrow evening.
By chance, is your pontoon the red outcast pac9000?

My old man, DBK, and myself were there on friday as well, from about 9:30am to 2:00pm. We were the pair of matching idiots rowing around a couple of red outcast pac9000's and Dave was the hooded bronco kid. It's funny how we are all so tight lipped on the water......need to just throw rocks at each other or something ;) :clown:

#10 ·
Actually, mine is a cheapo 'toon that says "Bass King Bug" or something on the side of it. Yesterday I was only there from about 5 to 8pm. Today I was there at about the same time, though only actually on the water from 6 to 7pm.
My car is very noticeable. An obnoxiously green Geo Metro. The fun part is watching me put my pontoon together from scratch every time I use it, and taking it completely apart every time I leave the lake.

#11 ·
Chris, Can't you just duct tape that thing to the roof for the short trip over? :) I'm sure Red Green could give you some valuable tips on how to.

Or try this: Go to the hardware store and buy 4 eye bolts and some bungees. Drill a hole through the roof at all 4 corners and insert the eyebolts with a piece of 1/2'' plywood as a backup. Secure with a fender washer and nut, goo some silicone seal around the eyebolts to keep the rain out and you are in business. Bungee the boat in place and you are ready for Amber in about 15 seconds!

A little ingenuity at home will give you much more time to fish once you reach the water. :D Ive

#12 ·
pwoe It's funny how we are all so tight lipped on the water......need to just throw rocks at each other or something ;) :clown:[/QUOTE said:
Well I'm not. You will all know that I'm there from some of the blue words that seem to hang out there after I'm done saying them. I just like to talk to myself. Makes it an interesting day. Like yesterday I was having one of my bouts in seeing how shaky I could be. Well I couldn't get the leader thru the eye. I finally settled on a bigger fly so I could be quiet for a while.. But I'm not going to talk about my lack of fish :( :( :( :(

Jim

#13 ·
Ive, as much as I like that idea, I live in an apartment with no garage or storage area. Otherwise I'd be all over doing that. Until then, I'll enjoy the sweet feeling of pushing off in my pontoon that much more every time.

#16 ·
Old man Well I couldn't get the leader thru the eye. I finally settled on a bigger fly so I could be quiet for a while.. [/QUOTE said:
Have you ever considered putting a tiny snap-swivel at the end of your sinking lines? It would save you time and tippet material.

#17 ·
No I don't want to. I like the challenge of the fight bawling: . I can't let them little hooks get the better of me :beathead: Besides I better be able to as all of my usless tying is now on sizes 18 and up.I had some 20's but I can't seem to find them. They must really be small.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.